Trouble- Plastic Green Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble- Plastic Green Head

Any one know anything about these guys like what guitar stuff they may have used on that CD? Or at any time for that matter?

I know they used old Marshall MKII's I think and probably some distortion pedal when I saw em' live and the guy sounded awesome. Couldn't get a look at "exactly" what they used tho.

dunno man, but they have awsome live sound, check this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-Xry6Upwc
    the bass and the drums makes the whole mix sound so fucking fat and massive
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah, the last couple times I've seen them, they have had the most monster live guitar sound.

That CD is fucking strong too. Love that guitar tone. Funny, last night I went down and was playing Plastic green head, and strangely find I'm pretty close to it.

Comment

Different version:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Man, I haven't heard of that band in years! I saw them open for Savatage in '89 or '90 when I was still in high school.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, they are biggish in Europe sorta. But never really got past cult fame it seems. Seems most of their CD's are half really good and half boring. They have some ballads that are painful to endure.

Damn fun to see live tho... Crunchdooom... In a Big Way...

Comment

Well i tried guitargeek.com but nothin came up. Altho based on time frame and tones vs available pedals. I would say MXR distortion plus for the guy with the white v and the Korina V sounds like a Boss DS1. That Korina V looks cool tho. Me want
              Gil

Comment

love that SG Jr he has there.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                  Yeah, they are biggish in Europe sorta. But never really got past cult fame it seems. Seems most of their CD's are half really good and half boring. They have some ballads that are painful to endure.

Damn fun to see live tho... Crunchdooom... In a Big Way...
                  Weren't they like a Christian band, too?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, it seems they were. Strange for a doom band.

But they really smoke a lot of pot for christians...

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                      Well i tried guitargeek.com but nothin came up. Altho based on time frame and tones vs available pedals. I would say MXR distortion plus for the guy with the white v and the Korina V sounds like a Boss DS1. That Korina V looks cool tho. Me want
                      Gil
                      Yeah, that would be typical for sure. I never got my Marshalls and DS-1's to sound as seriously cool as his shit sounds in person (which is godlike, really)... But, then again, I can't get a recto to sound like Jeff Loomis... Hmm...

I do have that studio tone close to nailed (tho in person, his still sounds better), but jeez, I'm running a CAE3+se/vht2150, it should sound cool... He gets it for a lot less $$$ haha... My leads sound nicer I think, but his chunky rhythms are to die for when you hear him live.

Comment

John the first show at the BW & BK..it appeared that all Bruce Franklin had on the floor was a green TS-9 and Dunlop wah..there was some small silver thing before the stomp..I'm thinking possibly a old LPB..like Marino used between all his pedals..

my guess..

yes one of the best "Marshall" tones I ever heard live..Michael Denner was completely blown away as most of us were..

The "best" Marshal live tone goes to Steve Stevens while in tyhe Atomic Playboys in my book..I was crushed!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Looked like I saw a JCM or a DSL.. brown grille. Catch the Marino look and lick in one of the SG players leads?

Comment

I still have my Trouble records from the '80's. Loved the slow Sabbath kinda riffage.

Comment

I dug that song Memories Garden. I hadn't heard it since the early 90's when that record came out (KNAC and Pirate used to play that song all the time while I was out in CA), and was lucky enough to find it on Limewire (I think all their LP's are out of print). It rocks as much now as it did then! I love the "in your face" attitude that tune has during the prechorus/chorus.

Comment

Working...
                              X