Steves Sepcial opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steves Sepcial opinions

my yamaha (dont beat me, was my first guitar ^^) has one in the bridge position...very nice pup.
    you can pump out really heavy rythm stuff and have nice lead tones, too. very clear pup, because its not very hot in the midrange. as long as you dont play with a triple recti on full gain and 2 distortion pedals in front of it you can play a m7 chord and still hear every note! same when you are soloing (as long as you play clean [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ). but be careful: because this pup is so clear you hear your bad playing very good, too!

the disadvantage is that because the mids are pulled back the pup dont overdrive your amp as other equally hot pups. so if you want your pickup to distort your front end then get a emg or a x2n...i dont know any passive pup that is hotter than the x2n!

well, if you want a very clean (and - i almost forgot to mention - versatile, too!) pickup, get it. if you want total overdrive, get a x2n or emg.

fragle

ps: omg, my english becomes worse every day [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Steves Sepcial opinions

In fact I have one... I have no "finished" amp rig to play it on and I´ve heard that it is very clean. Just like you are saying. I play in a death metal band (swedish) at the moment so i´m considering bying a new pickup. Any suggestions? I´m no good at pickups but I´ve had the Invader and that pickup was terrible.

Comment

Steves Sepcial opinions

What are your opinions on this pickup? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Steves Sepcial opinions

Never heard of a "Sepcial" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X