alex alhaio (sp?) vocals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alex alhaio (sp?) vocals?

Just downlaoded a few live COB videos and there awsome! Alex was using his Jackson Rhoads. Was it 24 fret/1 hum/ bblack with green bevels?

My real question is

How does he sing like that is there any way to train your voice or is it just natural.

[ September 15, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: *eleven* ]

Re: alex alhaio (sp?) vocals?

Do a forum search on death metal vocals, which has been discussed numerous times here.

It's mostly all about growling your throat, and not trying to sing loud. Someone once said on here to use your diaphram to push air, and not your throat or you will damage your throat and vocal chords. That someone is/was a smart man. Anymore quetions, feel free to ask. Better to ask than go hurt yourself.

Comment

I can sing like Alexi. It's not that hard. I can't do low growls for **** though.

Comment

Laiho

[img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hate me but once again those are black metal screams. Not death metal style. Just listen to older Cannibal Corpse for death metal style and compare it to CoB and the difference is quite obvious.
          Sorry for not contributing anything to the original topic [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Yep, Black metal and Death metal singers usually don't sing quite the same. But a lot of the technique is the same, just higher pitched to sound kinda like a scream. I personally prefer the low death growls of bands like Skinless, Suffocation, etc. But the black metal type vocals are cool too.

Comment

I just bought COB's Hatecrew cd this week after seeing all the posts on how good they are...and i agree. Those kids can PLAY. The vocals remind me of the first Kreator album, which has always been a fave of mine. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I'm working on a flight, as i write this, to check them out when they play Toronto in November...hopefully it will pan out.
              What's the deal with Sinergy? Same band/different band? Confused.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Sinergy is Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala on guitars. And this Kimberly girl on vocals. there's no keyboard..and the sound is alot less Death/Black oriented. and more...straight up Heavy Metal/Power metal.

I like CoB better personally.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                  Sinergy is Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala on guitars. And this Kimberly girl on vocals. there's no keyboard..and the sound is alot less Death/Black oriented. and more...straight up Heavy Metal/Power metal.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, they did have keyboards on their first album.

As for Alexi. Well, he doesn't actually sing, he does vocals. It's quite different. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Anyway, the answer to that question according to Alexi himself is "just drinking and smoking a lot".

Comment

Singing like that is rather easy , it all comes from your throat and a small push of air . After alittle while of doing it , youll be able to do it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMare:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by the_drip:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, they did have keyboards on their first album.

As for Alexi. Well, he doesn't actually sing, he does vocals. It's quite different. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      Anyway, the answer to that question according to Alexi himself is "just drinking and smoking a lot".
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, there are keyboards on all 3 Sinergy albums, played by Kimberly. Just fewer on each succeeding record. I prefer Sinergy because I like clean vocals and Kimberly is a great singer!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lerx,

Which album...yeah, I'm an older guy...should I be looking for? Is any one better than the rest?
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I like death/black vocals and clean vocals. as long as it doesn't sound out of place. Its all good. I like the more pissed off vibe that CoB portrays though...than the "woe is me..I want to kill myself" jargon I've heard from sinergy. though, both are very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B:
                            Lerx,

Which album...yeah, I'm an older guy...should I be looking for? Is any one better than the rest?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you ask me, the two last ones are the best.

"Follow the Reaper" (the blue one, 2001).
                            Is rather atmospheric at times, due to more keyboards than before.

"Hate Crew Deathroll" (the second red one, 2003).
                            More straight forward than the last one. Heavier, more brutal, more metal.

Both of theese albums are unbeliveable.

The second album, Hatebreeder (green, 1999) is also a great album, but I think it's fading when compared to the last two. The first album, Something Wild (first red, 1997) is not that interesting if you ask me. Worth a listen, but never compares to any of the others. This album also holds some great classics.

Best band on the Earth since Megadeth in their Marty (and Menza) period.

...IMO!
                            I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

HAte Crew RULES!

i'd have to agree..Hatebreeder is definately the CoB cd I listen to the least. Follow the Reaper and Hatecrew Deathroll are amazing. The keyboards are rolled back into the mix a little more on HateCrew and the production has a lot more fullness and depth. The bass kicks and bass guitar can actually be heard! It's just a well made album all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X