alex alhaio (sp?) vocals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: alex alhaio (sp?) vocals?

I think I like Follow the Reaper the best but anything COB rules! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: alex alhaio (sp?) vocals?

Originally posted by Infernal Death:
      Hate me but once again those are black metal screams. Not death metal style. Just listen to older Cannibal Corpse for death metal style and compare it to CoB and the difference is quite obvious.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with the pitch thing. But Alexi's vocals are really death like, only in a blackmetal pitch.

He used to sing death vocals back in the Inearthed days. You can hear some of their old demos on http://members.lycos.co.uk/scythesofbodom/
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Believe it or not, if you're smart, you'll learn how to sing traditionally before you attempt darker vocals. A lot of the technique is the same, and without some fundamental training, you run the risk of seriously damaging your voice.

Comment

Whoa, I don't know how the hell I ended up replying to a three year old thread! Haha!

Comment

Drip..wassup man....where have you been??.

Jimmy..

Rich..

Bill Z ..

BTW..Kimbery Goss and hate crew is working on a new or completed a Sinergy cd...
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              BTW..Kimbery Goss and hate crew is working on a new or completed a Sinergy cd...
              yeah, that's what they've been saying for years now...
              I think they were moving into the right direction and I was really looking forward to the fourth album, but actually the release date got pushed further and further...

did you hear any up to date news on that?

actually I started to not expect anything anymore at all, since I got the feel that now roope is in the CoB-boat the release pressure for sinergy as a band got even reduced.

from what I've heard last time (couple of months ago already) the album should be done already.
              wasn't the last release-date november this year?

great band anyway.
              their first album somehow lost my attention (in comparison to THAB and SBMS), but overall I still enjoy them a lot!!
              even after years the soloing on "the bitch is back" for example gets a huge grin on my face!!
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Yeah a new Sinergy album would rule..

My fav CoB is still Something Wild (:
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

1. of all it`s Alexi Laiho...and that guitar you mentioned is actually one of Roope Latvalva`s...He just borrowed this guitar for a short time cause he
                  had no guitar...His custom Jackson Rhoads were stolen...
                  The guitar you mentioned was broken ...

It isn`t his natural voice...and to do a voice like that it isn`t so hard...
                  you must try it a couple of times...and it goes pretty well then
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                    Yeah a new Sinergy album would rule..

My fav CoB is still Something Wild (:
                    +1,000,000,000..Something wild was my introduction to COB, so that one will always be special I guess. Alexi was from the Thy Serpent / Impaled Nazerine camp at that time..he's on their "Nihil" release..

I am looking foward to another Sinergy release...Kim and my singer really hit it off at the 1st BW & BK show..I thought they were gonna start dry humpin at any momenet..chemistry for sure....she's has the same build as his wife HUGE melons..

Hard not to mention a few bands when mentioning COB..like Kalmah, Norther, Imperanon, Warblade, Warmen, and some Eternal tears of sorrow..and a a few more that evades me at this time..but I got 'em.

I can't "sing" really well I do OK backup vox..you heard me in that VH thing..I get by.

But I can sing a few "death" styles..I'm partial to the throaty style of Alexi, Chuck Shuldiner, Tom Linberg and Bjorn Strid, Peter Dolving , Mille and AE's Angela, I think she's very good..just Carcass style but a chick..I can do it from the diaphram like Liva and the really low shit ala Cannibal Corpse..even Mortician..I can get pretty fuggin' low..I did that on my answering machine one..but Vinny's teacher called once..OOPS..so I had to change it!!

The "throaty" thrash style is my fave like Carcass / At the Gates and that's what my singer does in my band..my least favorite is the one I can do best ..the very low shit..I think it's kinda silly and the least incoherent.. but it sounds great in the right context ...

I think that style is necessary for the lyrical content..if most people understood the words ..they'd go nuts..like Glen Benton..

The belly stuff is the true "cookie monster" style..like Max of Sepultura/Soulfly..I think he actually was THE cookie monster as a side job...they sound the same.

I think I have a node on my larinyx..but I'm too scared to get scoped out, I hate doctors..I blew my voice out over 6 months ago screaming at that dick I had evicted next door..and it's never been the same since..it's very raspy..it really sucks ..but oh well..I sound like Nathan Explosion of Deathclock..fuggit.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                      It isn`t his natural voice...
                      thank god it's not!!!
                      could you imagine to place your order in a bakery for example? or even talk to a girl if that was your natural voice?
                      would be fun for sure!! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
                        thank god it's not!!!
                        could you imagine to place your order in a bakery for example? or even talk to a girl if that was your natural voice?
                        would be fun for sure!! :ROTF:
                        Yeah, exactly..Can you imagine pulling up to the drive thru of Dimmu Burger and hearing that on the fuggin' speaker..NICE!!

Death vox voice.."Welcome to Dimmu Burger, can I take your ordeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr..."

Comment

Yeah, exactly..Can you imagine pulling up to the drive thru of Dimmu Burger and hearing that on the fuggin' speaker..NICE!!

Death vox voice.."Welcome to Dimmu Burger, can I take your ordeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr..."
                          Or you going to get married:
                          priest:"tra la la ...do you want to tak Kim(Gloss) as your wive in
                          funny and boring times tra la la ?"
                          You:"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-AA!"
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Dimmu Burger
                            ha! that's a nice one!! didn't notice it twice at first...

Comment

Working...
                            X