Slayer In Pittsburgh 10/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slayer In Pittsburgh 10/26

I got to talk with Kerry King back in March this year at a BC Rich promo. I asked about their shows and if they still play alot of Hell Awaits, Reign In Blood and South of Heaven tunes. He said they plan to play more of em. I hope that helps. I'll be missing Slayer this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Villalobos:
      if they still play alot of Hell Awaits, Reign In Blood and South of Heaven tunes. He said they plan to play more of em.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Makes sense. With no new release to support (and figuring out that most of the tracks on GHUA didn't go over well with the fans) of course they better play the old stuff.

I'm going to the L.A. show....for free! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Weird, I love GHUA.... I hated it at first, and yeah, he screams a bit much. But, I find that the music actually needs that sort of thing and it works to get the point across.

The music is so beautifully hateful that I must ALWAYS have it in my car, haha. Unlike so many other bands that come and go in my 10 disc player, seems I rarely get tired of GHUA. Only a couple songs I don't quite enjoy.

Comment

Much of it doesn't really work live, though - mainly because Pro Tools sung for Araya on that one I guess. There's no way in hell he can scream that last "disciple" that long... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          Payback, Disciple and God Send Death and the only tracks worth playing live off that one IMO.

Comment

I saw the God Hates Us All tour in Atlanta with In Flames opening. As far as the Reign in Blood stuff they played, it was more like a medley or whatever, similair to what they did on Decade of Aggression. About 4 or 5 songs back to back.

I met the band after that show and got them to autograph a promo flat for the album. Kerry bit the corner so that his teethmarks are part of his signature! There's a ring of upper and lower marks right above his autograph. How cool is that?? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dave is still with them.
              I also saw the Clash of the Titans show in '91. Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth were alternating as the headliner, and Slayer headlined the show we saw. YAY!! It's also neat to be able to say we saw Alice in Chains' first tour.

Comment

Cool. It definitely awesome to see AIC on their first tour!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I saw that tour also, I basically ignored AIC and now really regret it.

Interesting thing was, I'd seen all three bands in their own respective tours just prior to the Titans, and they all were truly dismal. Anthrax blew and Megadeth absolutely sucked ass horribly(Savatage and Dio opened and just killed them).

Slayers prior tour was the best. But still, there was a real problem with people moshing being shut down by extreme security because of the war and the political content of the bands material I guess. Slayer got really mad as every one was sitting, or was getting thrown out for moshing, called us some names, and they walked off the stage, bumming the show out totally. I almost was like Fukc Slayer after that for a while. I mean geez, every kid there was draft age and we were bombing Bagdad in the biggest war in a long time! And they were doing Mandatory Suicide, yikes.

The Clash of the Titans tour TOTALLY redeemed all three bands here in Cleveland. They were all awesome and totally kicked ass. What an amazingly strong show by all the bands. Way cool.

[ September 22, 2003, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

Alice In Chains toured with Extreme, Iggy Pop, and Megadeth (in europe) before the Clash of the Titans tour...you guys are really lucky to have seen them though, by the time I got into them they were on their final tour, opening for Kiss, and I was too young to go to concerts... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw the Clash Of The Titans concert also. Slayer was 2nd and it was a big letdown after them, they should always have Slayer headline, there isn`t another band as good as them to headline, except maybe Metallica in the hayday. I saw many bands open for Slayer, but the best 2 were deffinately Motorhead and Testament, different times, but great none the less. Man, when Slayer came out with that lamo Diabolis In Musica album, they had some cheesy alternative bands open for them, and I almost fell asleap by the time Slayer came on, and was Not Warmed Up for them, jeesh what were they thinking [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                        Wow, Arch enemy before hatebreed????? yeesh...

Yeah, Slayer are like Gods live. Freakin machines they are. You really have to see those guys. Been pretty impressive every show I've seen. Arch Enemy was, of course, great last time I saw them too.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Slayer kicks much ass live!! The first time I saw them was on the Clash Of The Titans Tour (1991?) at Madison Square Garden. When Slayer went on, most of the seats got torn out by their rabid fans and tossed all over the place. It was pretty insane!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Last time I saw Slayer live was a few years ago at Giants Stadium on the Tattoo The Earth Tour. Slayer went on and it was still light out, Slipknot went on after them!!! Why the hell anyone goes on after Slayer is beyond me. Slayer kills live! Is Dave still back on drums or did Paul come back again? I also love GHUA, but the two Slayer albums I've played the most through the years are Reign In Blood and South of Heaven! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ September 22, 2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

I thought the Diabolis in Musica tour kicked ass. Fear Factory opened the show I saw in Charlotte, at a time when I still actually liked Fear Factory. BTW, aren't they re-grouping with Christian on guitar or something?

Comment

Yep, FF got back together and didn't call Dino back. Someone from FMIC said they made him a custom, and he's also in the new catalog with a guitar. I don't know if he's still playing bass or not.

Comment

Working...
                            X