Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whatever respect you had for evh should be gone by now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whatever respect you had for evh should be gone by now...

HA!

from blabbermouth.net (who got this from the MTV site)

MTV: EDDIE VAN HALEN Tried Out For LIMP BIZKIT - Sep. 22, 2003

Legendary axeman Eddie Van Halen was one of 11 guitarists that auditioned for LIMP BIZKIT during their lengthy search for a replacement for Wes Borland earlier this year, according to a MTV.com news feature on the making of BIZKIT's new album, "Results May Vary".

Not being 100% satisfied with any of the candidates, LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst eventually called a guitarist he remembered feeling chemistry with a year earlier and asked him to come back. Mike Smith, formerly of SNOT, jammed with the band for 20 minutes before he got the invitation to join.

"He's what we've been looking for," Durst said. "We need an actual guitar player."

"I feel like I play really well with these guys," Smith said.

LIMP BIZKIT would later liken their guitar search to a relationship, saying they could not commit to someone else until they had completely gotten over Borland.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Re: whatever respect you had for evh should be gone by now...

[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

i'd love to hear more about this myself... it's odd, but ya never know...ed wanted to be in kiss, too.

sully
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

First he was turned down by the Red Stripes, now Limp Bisquick. Eddy sure is having bad luck finding a gig. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Maybe he should call Dave. That article is just plain [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

I think that is funny as hell. Eddie still has a sense of humor after all. I'm kinda sad that Mike Smith joined though, because I love Snot but I don't like Limp Bizkit.

Comment

i thought it was funny too... i don't really care if it's true or not, but i just had visuals of him jumping around in wes' silly animal suits whilst tapping himself silly.

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

he should try out for sammy hagar (hehhehheh)
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Eddie should come join my band that I'm starting, Spastic Colons. We're gonna be a punk-funk-thrash band with pretty songs in between. He can play lead, I will stick to rhythm I suppose...there is always a place for Eddie Van Halen in my band.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Even if this were true...had bad could it have been? To get my fix of Eddie I would have to suffer through Fred Durst...jeez, not much worse than what I tolerate to hear Randy Rhoads. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

**pictures fred durst in spandex and scarves trying to sing "jump"** [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

yyeeeeeaaaaaaaa boyeeeeeeeee !

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                      Eddie should come join my band that I'm starting, Spastic Colons. We're gonna be a punk-funk-thrash band with pretty songs in between. He can play lead, I will stick to rhythm I suppose...there is always a place for Eddie Van Halen in my band.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was in a band in the mid 90's called "Spastic Colon" and "The Spastic Colon Butt Trumpet Orchestra". As one would guess, we only played at parties.

Comment

I think that is funny as hell. Eddie still has a sense of humor after all. I'm kinda sad that Mike Smith joined though, because I love Snot but I don't like Limp Bizkit.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wasn't Snot the chinese dude on REvenge of the Nerds II ?

I like that guy too. didn't know he had a guitarist though. more power to him i guess.

Comment

No, Snot was a thrashy/hardcore funk band, and a damn good one. Their singer, James Lynn Straight, died in a car accident (not too long before he was supposed to go to trial for performing naked at a show), so the band broke up. But some of the members formed a band called Amen after that. Check out some Snot classics like "My Balls" and "Stoopid" right now!!

Comment

Eddie should come join my band that I'm starting, Spastic Colons.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Spastic Colons? I guess it will be a "sh1tty" band?! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

At another board I frequent, a guy claims to have seen the audition videotape this weekend. Sad thought that Ed would audition for Fred Durst but won't call Dave and Michael Anthony!

I haven't lost respect for the guy, I just feel sad for him being in such a state.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X