Dave Mustaine fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine fans

I know there is a ton of animosity towards Mustaine lately among Jackson players. Is there anyone here who's STILL a fan? Personally, I think he took a pretty immature attitude towards the Fender buyout, but that doesn't change the fact his music is metal defined and he's contributed a lot to heavy metal and Jackson guitars.

Re: Dave Mustaine fans

dave is my number 2 favorite guitarist

of course #1...is

ZAkk wylde

Comment

I just got an e-mail from a friend who writes for Thoat Culture. It say Dave is selling more of his Jacksons. I wont post the e-mail due to the rules but here is a list...

Jackson KV1 silver w/ case DM010
      Jackson KV1 silver w/ case DM00292
      Jackson Custom F-Bird oxblood w/ case - one of only four made J6322
      Jackson Y2KV wood prototype w/ case - first approved model J6422
      Jackson Y2KV charcoal/black w/ case J6480
      Jackson Y2KV/12 amber w/ case - only one in existence J6612
      Jackson Y2KV mahogany (red) U09324
      Jackson Y2KV black metallic U09559
      Jackson Y2KV charcoal metallic U11911
      Jackson Y2KV mahogany U11921
      Jackson Y2KV mahogany lefty - only one in existence U11925
      Jackson Y2KV mahogany U11930
      Jackson Y2KV black U11950
      Jackson Y2KV black U11951
      Jackson Y2KV black metallic U11956
      Jackson Y2KV flag U12021
      Jackson Y2KV flag U12023

The e-mail talks about his wrist being better than ever and his solo project. I think he is hinting to the fact that it will be much different than Megadeth. He says it's something he has to do. You know how it goes when they say that. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

These are the mags that Brad writes for so the interview is probably on one of these sites.

Flex your head

throatculture

caustictruths

Comment

i was sad to see dave leave Jackson and i do think its another one of those double sided stories he's infamous for. like not slagging rikki rockman on stage or something. still he's one of my personal heroes and you can't forget a record like Rust in Peace [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Megadeth will always be my favorite band of all time. I don't think Dave is necesarily that great of a guitarist but he did some pretty awesome stuff with what he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
              I just got an e-mail from a friend who writes for Thoat Culture. It say Dave is selling more of his Jacksons. I wont post the e-mail due to the rules but here is a list...

Jackson KV1 silver w/ case DM010
              Jackson KV1 silver w/ case DM00292
              Jackson Custom F-Bird oxblood w/ case - one of only four made J6322
              Jackson Y2KV wood prototype w/ case - first approved model J6422
              Jackson Y2KV charcoal/black w/ case J6480
              Jackson Y2KV/12 amber w/ case - only one in existence J6612
              Jackson Y2KV mahogany (red) U09324
              Jackson Y2KV black metallic U09559
              Jackson Y2KV charcoal metallic U11911
              Jackson Y2KV mahogany U11921
              Jackson Y2KV mahogany lefty - only one in existence U11925
              Jackson Y2KV mahogany U11930
              Jackson Y2KV black U11950
              Jackson Y2KV black U11951
              Jackson Y2KV black metallic U11956
              Jackson Y2KV flag U12021
              Jackson Y2KV flag U12023

The e-mail talks about his wrist being better than ever and his solo project. I think he is hinting to the fact that it will be much different than Megadeth. He says it's something he has to do. You know how it goes when they say that. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The link to that is on another thread here, and the first silver KV10 and the amber Y2KV12 are listed as not for sale.
              I am not a slavish Mustaine fan but I feel he's made enough classic metal to establish his legacy, and he can f**k off from now to Judgement Day and still not diminish what he's done. It's easy for armchair critics who haven't accomplished so much as a record contract to down the guy for his business decisions, but the guy paid a lot of dues to reach the level he's attained. If he made a pile of cash by going ESP, good for him. I'm sure they'll make him some nice guitars, but it won't sway me to buy a DV8. Jacksons
              are still better and much cheaper, so that's a no-brainer. It doesn't affect my life in any way, so why turn on the guy?
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Dave is Awesome. Mustaine.

DAve..you're cool too.

I"m close to officialy tanked

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Right back at ya! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] fukkin eh.

Comment

He used to be one of my favorite guitarist/songwriters but I think everything after Rust in Peace was a huge step down in terms of innovation and my personal taste.

I think his last batch of guitars he sold were horribly overpriced (but kudos to him if he actually got the cash for them).

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mask:
                        Personally, I think he took a pretty immature attitude towards the Fender buyout
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You'll have to excuse me, I dont really pay too much to Dave, although I do like some Megadeth, what was his attitude towards the buyout? Why is he selling all his Jacksons?? Is it cause of this "attitude" or cause his new deal with ESP?

Comment

I'm a big fan of mustaine..though im not a big fan of stuff from cryptic writings up to risk.
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

My definate favourite band of all time. Dave might be a d!ck, but that will never affect me. His music does, though. Every single Megadeth album has a certain amount of quality. If you just open your mind a little then Cryptic and Risk are awsome albums. It's different, but awsome! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

TWNAH was a disapointment for me. Marty was gone, Menza was long since gone and most of the album sounded forced. Like they HAD to write metal. Risk was more pop, but had alot of feeling, and sounded very 'natural'. Needed some time, though. TWNAH sounded good at first, but it's lack of imagination and guts made it very boring after some time, and I rarely listen to it anymore. All the others visit my CD player frequently.

IMHO

[ September 28, 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: KE ]
                            I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Dave was a great player and songwriter, and I eventually even grew to like his vocal style for the most part. I never took anything he said very seriously, being that he is so full of himself. But it's his life and his career, so I guess he can do what he wants.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X