Dave Mustaine fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Mustaine fans

I've always loved Dave and still do! All their albums are great, except for Risk, which was so-so. My favorite, of course, is Rust In Peace, followed by Cryptic Writings and The World Needs A Hero. I think it's sad he's not with Jackson any more, but whatever. I still can't wait to hear new stuff from him. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like Megadeth. Dave is a great player, but he isn't one of my all time faves. Its okay to like a players style and writing, but not like the guy himself. I like pre Youthanasia Megadeth myself.

Trivia time for you music fans...one of Pink Floyd's early band names in the mid-60's was "The Megadeaths".

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall tone:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Black Mask:
        Personally, I think he took a pretty immature attitude towards the Fender buyout
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You'll have to excuse me, I dont really pay too much to Dave, although I do like some Megadeth, what was his attitude towards the buyout? Why is he selling all his Jacksons?? Is it cause of this "attitude" or cause his new deal with ESP? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">According to a recent Mustaine interview in GW, he said he wanted to buy Jackson when it came up for sale, but then the sale was cancelled, and then it was sold to Fender and no one invited him to the bidding, so he felt betrayed by that, and threw a hissy fit. He ordered all of his sig models be discontinued and all orders for Y2KVs cancelled.
        The overall tone of the interview left me with the impression that he was whining about it.

If you stand back and look at the whole ordeal and Mustaine's career as a whole, and line everything up, you see where he's STILL chasing Metallica.
        -Going slightly more poppish
        -Going with ESP
        -Arm injury (Hetfield)
        -Whining about money (i.e. not getting to buy Jackson) like Lars [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I predict a bad haircut and some techno/rave beats on the next disc, if not worse.

I think if he actually caught up with Metallica as far as album sales and visibility he'd Cobain himself.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          If you stand back and look at the whole ordeal and Mustaine's career as a whole, and line everything up, you see where he's STILL chasing Metallica.
          -Going with ESP
          -Arm injury (Hetfield)
          -Whining about money (i.e. not getting to buy Jackson) like Lars [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMFAO!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

And the Jacksons he's selling are his touring/beater guitars (with a couple of personal/studio guitars as eyecandy - notice that some of them say Not For Sale)

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              -Going with ESP
              -Arm injury (Hetfield)
              -Whining about money (i.e. not getting to buy Jackson) like Lars
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Would we really want Mustaine to own Jackson anyway? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

yes, I am still a fan of Dave Mustaine's music. As a musician, he is my main influence in playing guitar. And also the reason I got into Jacksons. And I have realized that indeed Jackson is THE best guitar ever. What craftmanship! What tone! What a guitar!
                And for that I am extremely grateful. As for the music, RUST IN PEACE is my favorite abum of all time. He came up with the one of the best metal albums ever. He together Marty Friedman created several of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. I am still overwhelmed whenever I hear the solos on songs like Hangar 18, Victory, Ashes in Your Mouth, and the riffs on Killing Is My Business, Peace Sells and SFSGSW. Yeah, his voice is not that great, but who cares if the music is THAT good?
                I also read that interview at GW and I agree with Newc. He seems to still be chasing Metallica(which I do not get. To me, Metallica's best albums are only Puppets, Lightning and Justice.)
                And I think Metallica is different than Megadeth. It is really no use to compare each other.
                And he does sound like a whining brat. Dave Mustaine, as a person seems to be an a-hole.
                But no one can deny the impact of his music, or his guitar playing.

Comment

personally, first let me state i think RUST IN PEACE is overrated so much. My favorite Megadeth album is PEACE SELLS...BUT WHO'S BUYING. those drugs, as bad as i hate to say it, were his artistic medicine. once he started going on programs after So Far So Good SO What, his music started to suffer. well that's just my opinion. as my friend once said "Please, The World Needs a Hero? Sounds More like Mustaine needs to get back on drugs!" nah all kidding aside...

as for the whole Jackson and ESP deal. well someone mentioned that Dave wanted to buy Jackson. I think that that would have been a good idea. if its true that nobody even invited him to a bidding to buy Jackson, of course it would be natural he'd feel betrayed. wouldnt you? after all that he did to help Jackson through the years, i mean c'mon. NOTE: i am not expert at this being i am just a new Jackson user, but i am a long time Megadeth fan so I know he is a long time Jackson endorser.

in closing, i think the first 3 and even Rust in Peace albums have established him enough in the annals of metal. he's already given a legacy for everyone. so guitar deal with Jackson or ESP or whoever, we all owe him some respect. Personally, ok i would have liked him to stay in Jackson, but i'm just a fan and I really just like his music i can't say i know how he is in real life. so i wont ponder about his attitude or if he went to ESP for the money. Dave is prolly my 2nd favorite guitarist after Adrian Smith, so he deserves my my respect no matter who he endorses.

well that's all

Comment

we can all whine about it for ages, but fact is:

- he DID make some influential and damn good metal
                    - whatever he stands for or does, he made it where most people can only dream of that...
                    - he has the luxury of telling people to eat sh!t if they don't like it... something we dream of at least a thousand times a day to say that to our bosses [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

And as a fan of megadeth and Jackson guitars I say let him sell 'em if he likes, ask insane prices too. but who'd be the fool? him asking ten grand, or the numbnuts that coughs up the dough? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

He's one of those who got me into Jackson's but as I'm staying, he's moving on... so long dave Mustaine and get Megadeth back in gear for crying out loud! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

just throwing in my opinion here [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ September 28, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Svart ]

Comment

Always liked his cover of Kill the King, which was originally written by Ronnie James Dio while in Rainbow. And it’s understandable that Mustaine is bitter about being d!cked by Lars and James. They booted him out of Metallica without so much as a warning or second chance, then flagrantly lied about what really happened for years. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks newc.... haha if you look at it that way... he does seem to be still chasing metallica.

Comment

Dave is definitely one of my personal favorites. He will be remembered for many years to come. Its too bad he had so many problems and seems to be such an a-hole. Does anyone else here cringe at the thought of what his solo work is going to be like?

Comment

Dave bashing just sucks people!!!! But I guess you're entitled to your opinions. Newc.....you wouldn't be related to Jeff Young? LOL
                            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

In my opinion , the #1 metal guitarist and THE reason I picked up an axe 11 years ago, say what you will,he kicks ass!

This is Blacklabel.
                              This Is Blacklabel.

Comment

Dave Mustaine kicks major ass!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Like it or not, he and James Hetfield knocked the guitar world on their asses and we probably wouldn't being playing metal the way we do today without them!

Comment

Working...
                                X