Dave Mustaine fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Mustaine fans

I didn't say Dave wrote everything. All I said was no one knows how much he contributed except for them.
    Also how could you even say or know what would happen to music if Dave remaind in Metallica. One could argue that it would have changed for the better because the combination of James and Dave's skills could have shattered metal music beyond what it was/is today.

Comment

No way could James and Dave have coexisted in the same band for very long. They are both "top dogs," and there is usually only room for one of those.

Not enough space to go around for everybody's riffs and lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mask:
        I know there is a ton of animosity towards Mustaine lately among Jackson players. Is there anyone here who's STILL a fan? Personally, I think he took a pretty immature attitude towards the Fender buyout, but that doesn't change the fact his music is metal defined and he's contributed a lot to heavy metal and Jackson guitars.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well he wrote R I P and countdown so how could ya ever stay mad at him , those where the most important albums ever in metal as far as I am concerened and when hes dead and gone and we are that stuff will be remembered forsure !!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I geuss whatever guitar he plays is pretty trivial , cause without those albums everyone would be slayer clones , and I would have quit years ago if that was the case , and besides Dave Mustaine is the reason I started Playing Jackson guitars in the 1st place , and his songs got me through lottsa real bad times in my life , but the biggest think he taught all of us was to keep doing what you want with your music [up untill risk anyway , and at least he had the balls to call it that unlike metallica lol ] I saw megadeth go through the grunge movment with eaze and all the other trends and keep ticking , and he kept his word he said that if he ever started to write music he didn't think was up to par he said he'd fold it , and thats what happened , I totally belive thats what happened , and un like metallica Dave had the balls once again to do it pack it in when the creativeness fails . and I do respect him for it ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Again, you can not say for sure if they could or not. Based on what you can read regarding the situation the demise of Dave was due to his violent temper which was caused by his drinking and drugs. I never read or heard an interview by James or Dave stating that they had problems with co-exiting musically. So you're making a statement based on your own belief. It would be better said "I believe they couldn't coexist because..." instead of saying "No way could James and Dave coexist..." because there is no way to TRUELY know.

Comment

holy **** sorry for the bad typos dudes , I promise not to post again when I am sick lol //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by KingV1:
              I didn't say Dave wrote everything. All I said was no one knows how much he contributed except for them.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Absolutely correct. Dave is not credited on at least some songs he wrote, due probably in part because James and Lars FORGOT who came up with what. A perfect example is Leper Messiah, which was originally written by Dave as "The Hills Run Red." Dave still has no writing credit on that song.

Let five (drunken) years go by and see how much exact detail YOU can recall... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Steve - Well said. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Dave Mustaine RULES ok

Comment

I think Dave would have just wound up kicking the crap out of James again if he remained in the band. He should've beat Lars, too! Dave good... Metallica bad!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh lord, and I thought this crap just took place at our forums! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "POOP"

Comment

Well, I wasn't the kicker.

Comment

i dont know if this has already been pointed out but didnt dave mustaine once say no one can play as fast past him because of vortex? is that true? or is that BS?

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkopf:
                            Always liked his cover of Kill the King, which was originally written by Ronnie James Dio while in Rainbow.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That song is not a cover. It's an original song that ust happens to have the same name of a song that was already around. You know, like there's a bunch of songs named "One."

Dave Rules!
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Dave Mustaine is a metal GOD on the same level as Chuck Schuldiner... He is the best Metal Rhythm guitarist ever... Perfect... Rust in Peace is Perfect... Dave's King V, Perfect... Dave's ESP sucks!

Comment

who cares?
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X