Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul & Bruce together again!!! (Racer X)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul & Bruce together again!!! (Racer X)

> Didn't I read on here that Bruce had had some kind of hand injury or nerve damage that kept him from playing some of that stuff,like Scarified,at full speed for the whole time the band had been broken up? If this is the case,and he's back to speed,that's great,he was downright badass. Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

I just called and reserved tickets for the Tokyo show on January 23rd
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

this is great news Paul and Bruce together were a great combo!
        We need an East coast gig
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
          Wow, great news for sure!

That RacerX record with the 2 of them is one of the best of all time.
          Second Heat is the studio album, then Extreme Volume Live 1 and 2

I hated watching Racer X sink down the drain into The Scream. Basically it was Bruce and John Alderete remaining. Jeff Martin joined Badlands on drums, and Paul was doing Mr. Big.

This is exciting news, Racer X hasn't been the same since they're back to one guitar (IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by VulfgangPfuck View Post
            Second Heat is the studio album, then Extreme Volume Live 1 and 2

I hated watching Racer X sink down the drain into The Scream. Basically it was Bruce and John Alderete remaining. Jeff Martin joined Badlands on drums, and Paul was doing Mr. Big.

This is exciting news, Racer X hasn't been the same since they're back to one guitar (IMO)
            Actually, Jeff Martin was fired from Racer X. Immediately after they kicked him out is when Billy called Paul and asked him to join Mr. Big.

After Racer X, Jeff Martin had an L.A. band called Bad Dog with Russ Parish on guitar. Then he went on to Badlands on drums.

Also, The Sream started out as Saints or Sinners and Scott Travis was around at first until he got the job with Priest.
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I hope it sounds like The Scream meets Paul's solo s tuff...and I'd love to hear Bruce playing his own style.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                Actually, Jeff Martin was fired from Racer X. Immediately after they kicked him out is when Billy called Paul and asked him to join Mr. Big.

After Racer X, Jeff Martin had an L.A. band called Bad Dog with Russ Parish on guitar. Then he went on to Badlands on drums.

Also, The Sream started out as Saints or Sinners and Scott Travis was around at first until he got the job with Priest.

Ah...didn't think of all that in-between stuff. Totally forgot about Bad Dog!

Jeff...fired?
                He and Paul grew up together as best friends, and started Racer X together. Hmmm....guess ya learn something new everyday!

Comment

Yeah, I question that Jeff-fired thing. I don't recall that.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

I remember seeing Racer X at the Country Club the first time, and my jaw dropping all night - especially when they stood together for a harmony solo and fretted each other's guitars while picking their OWN guitars! The coordination to do that, they were completely in synch with each other!

I also have Bruce's instructional video. He's not as witty or just scary as Paul but his video is excellent and maybe more my speed as being easy to follow and learn. I always felt bad that he kind of fell by the wayside.

As for The Scream, yeah I was upset too at first that it wasn't Racer X any more. But taken in its own right The Scream was an awesome band, at least the record was. That was the beginning of the decline of shred, hell if Racer X couldn't make a commercial splash with shred who could? So Paul had gone off to do Mr. Big, it must have just seemed like a survival tactic to do The Scream. If only Corabi had stayed and not gone to Motley Crue. Of course who could predict that that would be a bad career move?
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                      Yeah, I question that Jeff-fired thing. I don't recall that.
                      Question it all you want. It's been in more than one printed interview. Every major label told the band that they would never go anywhere with Jeff Martin as their singer, so they decided to replace him. The story goes, that literally the same day that they broke the news to Jeff, Billy Sheehan called Paul to ask him to join Mr. Big.

As further proof, I saw Racer X in September of 1989 on the stip in Hollywood. The lineup was Bruce, John, Scott, and a guy named Jamie Brown on vocals. They played all kinds of new songs as they were the "new" Racer X. So they finish their set, they go off stage, and a few minutes later return with Jeff Martin. They then ripped through about 7 Racer X classics. As they are getting ready to start "Set The World On Fire," Jeff turns to the other three guys and says, "Maybe we could've done this if we would have stuck it out!" or something to that effect. There was definitely a small tinge of bitterness in his comment. I was there, I saw it.

Also, one of my good friends was a student at GIT in '88/'89 and he always had all the inside info on all things Racer X.

So you may not "recall" it, but that is the way it went down.
                      Last edited by fullmetalguitar; 12-01-2006, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Well, then, point us to some proof. I did some searching and found nothing, including Racer X's actual site. Nothing is mentioned.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I'm not going to take time to research something I already know is true. If you don't believe it, so be it.

By the way, I emailed Paul a couple of days ago asking about the upcoming shows and he just emailed me back. Good news! Here it is:

will you do
                          > "Scarified" together on
                          > stage???

Of course!

Thank you,

Paul
                          Last edited by fullmetalguitar; 12-02-2006, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                            I'm not going to take time to research something I already know is true. If you don't believe it, so be it.

By the way, I emailed Paul a couple of days ago asking about the upcoming shows and he just emailed me back. Good news! Here it is:

will you do
                            > "Scarified" together on
                            > stage???

Of course!

Thank you,

Paul
                            Oh, I see. Well, while you HAD Paul, you shoulda asked him, and pasted it, here, too. It'd be nice to hear it from him.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                            X