Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rock Never Stops Tour - Ratt/Slaughter/(no Quiet Riot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Never Stops Tour - Ratt/Slaughter/(no Quiet Riot)

Saw Ratt and Slaughter last night. Quiet Riot was supposed to be on the bill but supposedly broke up last week.

Slaughter: Great band. Original members w/ an excellent guitarist who replaced the original lead guitarist that died a few years back. Mark Slaughter still has the vocal range and was really cool, walking out in the audience and standing right next to us. Dana Strum still plays that goofy shaped bass and the guys really looked like they were having a good time. Great sound, great guitarwork, thoroughly entertaining.

Ratt: Good god, in 20 years of going to see these guys live I don't think even once they've had good sound. Warren's guitar sounded thin and way too weak, lost in the rest of the noise. Warren played 2 Performance bolt-on strats, one black and one brown/copper snakeskin. Warren can still shred like a pro, just wish we could have heard it better.

Ratt's lead singer still sucks. His voice is shrieky and he has the stage presence of a skinny punker trying to act tough by pumping his fist all night long. I saw him 2 years ago and thought he sucked, saw him last night and he still sucks.

Blotzer is still on drums, the Bassist looked familiar but I couldn't quite place him. You gotta respect John Corabi on the other guitar, replacing Robbin Crosby. John was the guy who replaced Vince Neil as the singer in Motley Crue for a few years. After reading the Motley Crue book, you gotta feel for the guy.

We couldn't even make out the first 2 songs. The sound was so bad and the singer was so far off from Steven Pearcy. The sound got marginally better thru the show but was never that great. It's obvious that Ratt is now just Warren DiMartini and a bunch of other guys. The whole band just kinda hung around up there watching Warren and taking clues from him. It was basically the Warren DiMartini show with a crappy singer.

Re: Rock Never Stops Tour - Ratt/Slaughter/(no Quiet Riot)

Yes yes Jizzy Pearl SUCKS! That punkass....I asked him what it was like jammin with slash, izzy, and stephen adler last week end at the key club and that f-head was transformed into jizzy the ROCKSTAR.....what an a-hole that jizzy is.

Comment

Greg...the sound guy must have jacked W.D.s sound cause it was to die for out of the cabs. Do you live around tulsa?

Comment

I've been down here in Tulsa from Maine visiting my father after his heart surgery and was invited to the fair by an old high school friend of mine and saw the "Rock never stops" show and was sorry to see that Quiet Riot was not on the bill. Anyway, I thought that Ratt by far was the best of the two bands that played. I thought Warren D. ripped it up but the over all the sound was way too loud!!! I was about half way back, stage left towards the middle slightly. I thought the singer was awful and think they definitly would have sounded better with Steven Pearcy!! But it was cool to see these bands for only the cost of the fair admission!!, $7.00!! You gotta' love that!! I think that's how much it costs to see them back in '83 when they opened for Billy Squire in Tulsa. Ratt, I mean.

Comment

WOW! thats so cool my dear ole mom took me to see that concert Ratt and Squire at the convention center in t-town! AND NOW FROM SAN DIEGO ORANGE COUNTY CAILY ..... RATT

Comment

Yeah, I'm here in Tulsa. I was dead middle in the 3rd row. You weren't the guy with "Ratt & Roll" on the back of his shirt were you?

Comment

cool, no no "ratt-n-roll" lol just a plain white tee blue windpaints.

Comment

Working...
              X