Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantera behind the music on now

Once again, VH1

I just finished watching and had not seen it before. Man, the footage from that last show... horrible scene.

Comment

*pantEra*

i watched it, almost cried, it's messed up, he was killed in front of his brother, his fans, and the people who love him.
      kids who have crappy parents look up to these guys and they are their hero's, for a kid who's here was dime to see him killed at that show must have been earth shattering,

ie: james hetfield is my hero and i couldn't imagine if he was killed in front of me.

damn that guy who took dime from us,

more b.s. is, dime is more popular dead than alive. it seems like people jumped on the bandwagon sfter he died.

R.I.P. dime

Comment

Dime will live forever

Comment

I`ve got it downloaded...
          Dime Rest In Peace...
          Never forgotten, forever missed...
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by lordus View Post
            *pantEra*

i watched it, almost cried, it's messed up, he was killed in front of his brother, his fans, and the people who love him.
            kids who have crappy parents look up to these guys and they are their hero's, for a kid who's here was dime to see him killed at that show must have been earth shattering,

ie: james hetfield is my hero and i couldn't imagine if he was killed in front of me.

damn that guy who took dime from us,

more b.s. is, dime is more popular dead than alive. it seems like people jumped on the bandwagon sfter he died.

R.I.P. dime
            Having played at Ride for Dime in Dime's hometown last August I got to meet and hang out with his closest lifelong friends and believe me, their lives are changed forever. They were all extremely close knit down there in Texas. Dime's best friend Alapeno (Al) told us all kinds of crazy stories from when they were growing up, and jamming together, getting drunk and tatooed. At one point in the show, Al got up and played the Dime From Hell that was being raffled off and played a song He and Dime wrote called "Friends" which Al said would never be played again after that day. Obviously Al Played both his and Dime's solos and sang the song. There was not a dry eye in the room.
            Here's a pic from Al's performance.

Another wonderful person who we got to hang with who's life was tragically changed that night is Susan Bray, the mother of Nathan Bray. Nathan was shot and killed after he jumped up onstage to try and save Dime. Shot while trying to perform CPR. Susan is incredible and is so devistated by her loss, yet she was there to add support all the way from Ohio.
            Here's a pic of Susan (middle) with my singer Joe, my drummer Mike, and a few of the events organizers.

Here's Susan placing a Legends pic of Dime and Nathan at the gravesite.

Here's a close-up of the pic.

A lot of peoples lives were turned upside down that day. Which is why although we won't be making the trip to TX to play this year, my band Jekylls Hyde is going to put together a charity concert event in Dime and Nathan's names in Philadelphia this year to coincide with the event in Dallas.

RIP Dime, Nathan, Mayhem, Erin and peace to everyone else who was hurt injurred or lives were changed forever that fateful day.
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
              I just finished watching and had not seen it before. Man, the footage from that last show... horrible scene.
              +1

Comment

I was sobbing like a baby by the end of the program, very touching.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                  Having played at Ride for Dime in Dime's hometown last August I got to meet and hang out with his closest lifelong friends and believe me, their lives are changed forever. They were all extremely close knit down there in Texas. Dime's best friend Alapeno (Al) told us all kinds of crazy stories from when they were growing up, and jamming together, getting drunk and tatooed. At one point in the show, Al got up and played the Dime From Hell that was being raffled off and played a song He and Dime wrote called "Friends" which Al said would never be played again after that day. Obviously Al Played both his and Dime's solos and sang the song. There was not a dry eye in the room.
                  Here's a pic from Al's performance.

Another wonderful person who we got to hang with who's life was tragically changed that night is Susan Bray, the mother of Nathan Bray. Nathan was shot and killed after he jumped up onstage to try and save Dime. Shot while trying to perform CPR. Susan is incredible and is so devistated by her loss, yet she was there to add support all the way from Ohio.
                  Here's a pic of Susan (middle) with my singer Joe, my drummer Mike, and a few of the events organizers.

Here's Susan placing a Legends pic of Dime and Nathan at the gravesite.

Here's a close-up of the pic.

A lot of peoples lives were turned upside down that day. Which is why although we won't be making the trip to TX to play this year, my band Jekylls Hyde is going to put together a charity concert event in Dime and Nathan's names in Philadelphia this year to coincide with the event in Dallas.

RIP Dime, Nathan, Mayhem, Erin and peace to everyone else who was hurt injurred or lives were changed forever that fateful day.
                  dude that was well said (or posted). dimebag and pantera were the high school "keg party" band for all the schools in arlington around 79-84. they probably didn't make any real money doing it, but they always there. i wished they would have stuck with terry. with terry they were more "vh" good time power music. imo they would have been bigger than what bon jovi is today and that's a huge statement. dimebag was influenced by all kinds of music, much like jerry cantrell, and really never got to show the rest of the world all his versatilty. if you grew up in arlington around the same time as i did you would truly understand what i mean. anyway it was truly a sad loss, and once again well stated dude.
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I think the magic that was Pantera only really came into full force after Anselmo. At any rate, that's not what we're really talking about. I feel pretty choked up every time I watch that VH1 Behind the Music.

I'm sad to say that while I was a casual fan before his death, it was only after his death that I started getting more into metal, and into Pantera. What a waste on my part. What a waste of a brilliant player and person.

God bless you Dime, getcha pull.

Comment

That IS a great Behind The Music, and such a sad one. you know, I've never been a fan of the Hardass side of metal, but Pantera was always one that I gravitated toward, merely because of Dime's incredible playing ability. Cowboys From Hell remains to be one of my altime favorite albums, thanks in part to his intense playing and great songs. Glad to see he struck such a note in so many people's lives, not just here, but everywhere you look. Sad that he wasn't given more credit by the mainstream, until his tragic passing. He deserved it.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                      X