Marty Friedman short interview at Guitar World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Friedman short interview at Guitar World

For Marty and Megadeth fans, just wanted to share this short interview of Marty:

GW: Marty, it's been rumored that your bassist on this tour will be your ex-Megadeth bandmate Dave Ellefson.
    MARTY FRIEDMAN: I'd love to have Dave come out and play with me, and it's very possible that he will, but I would'nt want to confirm anything yet.
    GW: In a recent interview with this magazine, Dave Mustaine referred to the Megadeth lineup with you on guitar as "the band". If he were to reform the group. would you consider being a part of it?
    FRIEDMAN: Probably not. I just don't want to hold up the flag for traditional heavy metal anymore.The kind of heavy music we were playing in Megadeth -it was great at the time but it sort of pales in comparison to what's out right now, so I would'nt even want to attempt to touch that again. Now it's time to do something new. I'm really into modern, futuristic sounds, and stuff that has'nt been done yet. Doing a solo record like Music For Speeding gives me the freedom to play exactly what's in my head and my heart. But having said that, I'd have no problem working in some capacity with any of the Megadeth guys again. I'd love to do it, in fact.

Re: Marty Friedman short interview at Guitar World

Thanks for the interview!

Marty's a pretty interesting guy, I'm glad to see him trying new stuff. Like I've said before, I really like a lot of the stuff Marty's done since leaving Megadeth.

Comment

Working...
    X