Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marty Freidman says everything sucks but Ibanez...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Freidman says everything sucks but Ibanez...

I just checked out one of the new guitar mags for October. I forgot the name of the mag, but there is an Ibanez ad with Marty holding one of the new Ibanez hardtail models. He says he has tried all the high end guitars and couldn't find anything that could do it all. He chose Ibanez! I guess he's saying Jackson sucks too. I'd put my DK2 or anyone else DK2 for that matter up against his Ibanez any day and see who's guitar can deliver. I bet Marty farts 50 cent pieces now that he sold out to Ibanez. That's probably who funded the new record. Hmmmmmmm. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Marty Freidman says everything sucks but Ibanez...

I doubt those were actually Marty's words though. The marketeers at Ibanez seem to be a busy bunch nowadays...
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey John ..what's up Goomba!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah , I'm sure he got his palm nice and greased for that statement...

Pay me enough ...and I'd swear that Jackson sucks too...

Hey is Marty doing metal stuff again ...I gave up on him actually ...but what a truly gifted player ...how's that music for speeding" disc he did ..is it just instrumental or does he hire some singers for that project?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

anyone ....anyone ...Bueller...anyone??
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

God, give this a rest, guys!!! EVERY artist says the gear they use NOW is the best they've ever had, and that their LATEST record is the best they've ever made! They are ALL wh0res in that regard.

I love my DK2 too, but it comes out 2nd
        best against a Jem and I bet it's 2nd best against Marty's guitar too. With Marty on the Ibanez it certainly would be.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

DK 2 may come second best, but i have had many a jem, and none of them come close to my DK1, that guitar is a serious axe, and it puts ibanez guitars to shame considering the price difference (CHEAPER) and quality improvment!

just my two cents.

Comment

My heavily modded DK-2 Hot Rod Flames is tons better than any Ibenhad because it has a REAL Floyd Rose, not some weak-ass copy, and it has REAL Duncans, not some weak-ass copies, and it has a reverse headstock with a maple fretboard, not some weak-ass...well, you get the idea [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Yeah Marty's got the technique, but he's a musical idiot - Jason Becker had tons more melody, all Marthy has is flash [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've seen direct quotes (not ad copy) from Marty saying Jackons are great, he just prefers Ibanez. I really don't understand the whole reaction to players changing enodorsements. Its no like players whoring themselves out to the highest bidder is anything new. Are the Jackson endorsers compensated?

Comment

Marty has become a little freak now. He has no interest in metal and wants to play "modern music for the chicks" <------- HIS WORDS.

We here in Tulsa now refer to Marty as Marty "freak out" Freidman. When he came here to give a guitar clinic, he threw a fit onstage like a little girl that someone had touched his guitar and tuned it. There he was onstage in front of 100's of kids and the first thing he does is throw a little temper tantrum and state "For fuks sake, who's been fuking with my guitar". All we did was take it out of the case, tune it, and put it on a stand.

Comment

Did Marty know you guys were going to set his guitar up for him? I'm not trying to justify his bad language and attitude but it isn't at all unusal for people to get a bit pissed when someone touches their prized axe without their permission. In other words, I want more details [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                    Hey John ..what's up Goomba!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    Yeah , I'm sure he got his palm nice and greased for that statement...
                    Pay me enough ...and I'd swear that Jackson sucks too...
                    Hey is Marty doing metal stuff again ...I gave up on him actually ...but what a truly gifted player ...how's that music for speeding" disc he did ..is it just instrumental or does he hire some singers for that project?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    anyone ....anyone ...Bueller...anyone??
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Bill, the new MF album is all instrumental and in my opinion is one of the better guitar albums to come along in a long time. I got it the day it came out and listen to it pretty often still (in fact I listened to it twice yesterday). It's a pretty remarkable album, but I must state that the whole reason I play guitar is because of Marty so it's hard for me to be objective at times.

As for all the crap slinging in Marty's direction, I just don't get it (that's why I stayed away from the other thread). So what if he's moved on from Jackson, I still play Jackson and Carvin, sure it's because of Marty I tried them but I'm in no rush to go buy an Ibanez now.

I think he's handled the whole thing rather well, he speaks highly of his new endorsment without putting down his previous company and that's taking the high road, I've seen players be complete jerks to their former endorsers.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Do you actually think Marty's Ibanez guitars are the same production models anyone can buy? I highly doubt it. More detail are paid to endorser guitars than regular production models you buy off the shelf.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Money talks!!!

Since he is working in Japan anyway, Ibanez has a gold mine in him. And yes, since they are making fat $$$$$ form him, I bet he gets a nice check and guitars that are far better than what you can buy off the rack.

If that is what he wants..that's find. I don't like how Ibanez guitars feel, but I am not him

I disagree with the statments I have read in many interviews that Jacksons are only good for shredding Metal. I have got many kinds of tone out of my KE2-from metal grind to warm, jazzy clean tones.

But Iam not being paid to say how good my guitar is either!

Comment

Originally posted by WoflieW:
                          Are the Jackson endorsers compensated?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From what I have heard, they receive no financial compenstation, although I would think a few guitars would get tossed their way now and then.

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Trust me, it was a tantrum. Greg and I were there... where were you? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

We also saw Marty at GXpress note interest in a guitar "What model is this?" - it was his OWN SIGNATURE JACKSON...

he also got pissed off at the sound guy.

He was a hell of a player, but at times he was certainly a freakout kinda guy.

In the latest vintage guitar, he mentions that guitars are just tools to him, and he's not knocked out by any one brand. He didn't have Megadeth money to rely on, so more power to him for getting an Ibanez endorsement. He'd sound awesome on a freaking broom with one string and a pickup - the guitar doesn't do anything for him but give him some more exposure and some endorsement cash, most likely.

Pete

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                            The title of this thread is designed to incite a flamey thread too. No offense
                            Jon, but what you quoted had no bearing to the title you used.

"Who's been fukking with my fukking guitar?" doesn't sound like a tantrum; it sounds like no one asked before they grabbed it and tuned it. Sure you were trying to help, but he didn't ask for your help. Whoever touched it without permission was out of line, not Marty for being pissed about it.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Hey Bill! Good to see ya drop in on my flame post.

I intended this to be a little flame war on Marty Lerx. At least I'm honest.

It kinda ticks me off when you see these guys in a guitar magazine Ho-ing themselves to the flavor of the month. I guess I'm calling him a sellout. I'm not relying on my limited musical talent to make a living so I'm not sure what it's like to be in that position, but in my opinion when a star reaches the end of his or her carreer they end up selling out to the highest bidder to hang on to whats left.

As far as Marty's axe.............hell no it's not a production model! Ibanez is going to sell alot of Korean versions though. I know when Jackson builds an instrument for an endorser, that same quality can be had by anyone. Ibanez doesn't offer that to the public.

I think Dave Mustain pulled the same stunt. If you plug the same guitar for almost 2 decades you can't just drop it like a hot rock. It makes no sense.

I'm no Marty fan at all. He's alot better than I am as far as guitar goes. My only thing is that it just plain sucks to hear somebody kiss so much a$$ in a guitar ad. Even if he didn't actualy say it.

Just my .02 dawgs.

Jackson Rules [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X