Billy Sheehan on G3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Sheehan on G3?

I've just seen mentioned on another board that Billy Sheehan is doing the G3 tour with Vai, Satch and Yng - which will also feature Tony MacAlpine! Can any of you lot confirm this?
    God, I hope they make a DVD of one of the shows, 'cos there's no other way we're gonna see this outside of the US. You lucky bastards...
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Billy Sheehan on G3?

Yes. Billy is touring with Vai on this year's G3. He did the tour last year as well. It was AMAZING!!! Sheehan is also finishing up his 2nd solo album and the new Vai album.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

that kinda sucks that it they will not visit other countries....
      i wanna live in the usa!

Comment

I'm going!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Don't worry to all you people not being able to see them, i'll try my best to give you all a good review! I'll see them on Nov. 1, expect one by Nov. 2nd! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep! I'll be there, thursday Oct 16, in Portland OR! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

nov 12th in Boston [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Can we take pictures there?

Comment

I can't wait to see this show on Nov.7th in Montreal. MacAlpine/Vai/Malmsteen on the same stage!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              Exciting to know that Sheehan will be there - he and MacAlpine have a history. Man, this is gonna rock. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Oct 25th, Minneapolis MN.
                I think I'll have to get a digital camera for this 1. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ahh man.. that is coming quick and I didn't even know about it.. have to check ticketmaster for the MPLS show.

Comment

Sheehan and Vai onstage together are quite something. They were made to work together, in my opinion. I didn't see the "Eat 'em and Smile" tour way back when, so my first experience of the Vai/Sheehan dynamic was on the last G3 tour. I was absolutely blown away by their combination of musicianship and stage personality. Petrucci and Satriani were really good, but Vai/Sheehan put on a show, as well as played insanely well.

Jeez, throw MacAlpine into the mix, and you've got quite a show--though Mike Kenneally has done quite a job for years as Vai's guitar/keyboard backing guy, as well.

I'll be at the Washington DC show at the Warner Theater, for sure.

Comment

I agree with the Vai/Sheehan remarks. They play very well together and are great entertainers.
                      I'm most excited to see/hear MacAlpine...Tony is such a monster. As fine a job as Keneally did on G3, he has nowhere near the facility MacAlpine has on keyboards. Add to that the fact that Tony can easily shred with his three pals and I think we're all in for a treat.
                      MacAlpine was always my favorite 80's dude...his ability to mix huge technique with such melodicism always blew me away. I'm impressed that Vai picked him - he and Vai should have some incredible moments together on stage.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by thenine:
                        Yep! I'll be there, thursday Oct 16, in Portland OR! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mee too !! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

October 14, Vancouver, BC!!!!!

Good way to end a long weekend!!!
                          (Thanksgiving in Canada)

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm going to the NOV. 11TH NYC show. Don't worry Vai is putting out a DVD soon from last year's tour which features Billy Sheenan. So even if they don't release one from this tour in acouple months you can probably get one, this DVD was shot in London by the way.

Comment

I saw Tony onstage last year with Planet X playing at Jaxx in No. Virginia in front of about 75 people. Great show--Tony is totally a guitar monster. Although he probably was influence by Yngwie originally (who in the '80s wasn't, ferchrissake??), he has gone in a very different direction in recent years, taking his technique into jazzier harmonic territory--sort of "Al DiMeola on steroids". I hope that Vai throws him a frickin' bone or two on stage...Vai's cool, I'm sure he'll give Tony ample opportunity to show his chops. And the encore should be pretty amazing...

Comment

Working...
                              X