No announcement yet.

The Real Ratt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to listen to Ratt constantly back in '84..that's when my wife got her first pube..I remember the fuggin' day!!!!

Those were the good ol' days ehhh...

We much prefer Nevermore and Arch Enemy now..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
      I do not define a great guitarist by how diffiicult it is to play his work. I dont define a great guitarist by his solo's and how complex or fast they are.

How i do define a great guitarist is by how catchy there music is. How they make a song flow, how you enjoy hearing it and never get sick of it.

With that being said, Robin wrote some great songs that just flowed and sounded great.

Many guitarists that i consider great do not write the most complex peices. Examples, Jimmy Page, lets be real guys, he was very innovative and a great writter, but Led Zepplins music is not that hard to play. But yes he is considered one of the greatest guitarists, and I have to agree.

Another would be Mick Mars, does not play with the greatest technique, but he plays with heart.

There are many more, yes i agree they can get any good guitarist to play Robin's part, however it would not be easy to find someone to copy his writting ability if they were ever to go back in the studio. And yes we would miss his stage presense.
      I agree with this 100% and apply that to my own mindset when writing music..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Why the hell do no 80s metal bands come to Austin, the supposed "Live music capital of the world"?

We are getting Bret Michaels and LA Guns next week, but it's been months since anything that "good" and 80s has come through.

Those f'ers from the 80s hang out in LA, swing through North Carolina, Chicago and the 13 colonies, then hang it up for a year or two.

At this point, I'd pay to see Willie Nelson fronting Britney Fox.

Sign me up for 4/5 of RATT.

RIP Robbin.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

They should get Mike Schenker to play second guitar like they did on the MtV Unplugged gig he did when Robbin was out. This, my friends, would smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by memberzonly View Post
            They should get Mike Schenker to play second guitar like they did on the MtV Unplugged gig he did when Robbin was out. This, my friends, would smoke.
            The only smoke MS is producing this years is coming from the ears of his promoters. Bad idea. Crabby is pretty damn good, and he can sing better than Pearcy, so at least they'll have him to back up SP... He'll probably need it.

Comment

Working...
            X