Ah, the wonders of music...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, the wonders of music...

Heh, I've been listening to Nevermore's Dead Heart in a Dead World album for almost a week now...and it really makes me want to get a 7 string. I'm an air guitar master, so pretending to play all the cool 7 string riffs doesn't help when you really want to learn them, because I think it'd be a great practice exercise to learn some Nevermore. Makes my 6 string feel...inadequate. So I'm putting on some good metal with 6 strings to get me back into my regular guitar mode again.

I guess this is how it all begins...you hear great piano music, and you want to play it, so you learn piano, same with guitar, drums, vocals, anything. Great things [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

What I'm wondering...is a 7 string difficult to learn? I keep thinking I'll end up feeling like it's a new instrument, but it's really just a guitar with another string, so maybe not.

Cheers,
    Nick

Cheers,
    Nick

Re: Ah, the wonders of music...

A 7 string is actually pretty easy to get used to. It shouldn't take too long to get used to it. If you have the funds, go for it. 7's are sweet.

Comment

Go cheap and get a Warmoth Baritone Conversion neck - you get 24 frets on a Strat body AND the comfy 6-string neck width AND the low B [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nevermore's earlier stuff was 6 string. It's just as good if not better than Dead Heart.

Politics of Ecstasy and Dreaming Neon Black in particular. 6 string madness at its best. Those Albums rule the universe.

Comment

Yeah, I know their earlier stuff was with a 6 string...Dead Heart was their first album with the 7 string, wasn't it? I'll have to get some of their earlier albums; I've heard them before, but not in a while, and then I can try to learn some of that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
          Nick

Comment

Working...
          X