• Show
Clear All

Speaking of amps with "the tone":
    http://www.guitardigest.com/SLASH.pdf
    Interesting reading
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
      I remember that article. George was over at Warren's house for Warren's daughters birthday party and he went and actually took a couple of old Marshalls but he didn't get "the one". Funny stuff.
      Ha ha that's it. There was another story where he and Michael Schenker were over Warren's house watching old Scorps videos and George claimed to be going to the bathroom but instead was walking out with a couple of heads, neither which were the one.

Comment

damn. speaking of lynch stealing riffness...jeez.

the regular Marshall thief, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE View Post
          In an older George interview, George was talking about trying to steal Warren's old Marshall that supposedly had "the tone". He said "Warren stole my style I figured I can steal his amp." Wish I could find that guitar mag, it had some funny stories.

I remember that one! Maybe the Lynch cover GFPM with Tommy Bolin transcription?

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
            the Lynch Mob destroys Dokken for my taste in music. I love more blues based groove tunes. If george found oni a lot sooner they could have gone far. Oni logan is the perfect type of voice for a rock band. What happened to that guy? I met him in Florida once, we were both shithoused to say the least.
            I too loved Oni's voice on that first Lynch Mob cd.
            what a classic.

I heard he was too much of a perfectionist and/or too selfconscious in the studio and George got fed up along with some other band members.

still gots to have my Dokken though.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

and GL smokes Warren in terms of body of work and quality overall. not even close. I like Warren a lot, but hey.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

It's all about your ears and how you hear things. Everyone is different, and that's a good thing, it would suck if everyone heard things the same way.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Hey Tommy, hows come you don't call no more, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    I too loved Oni's voice on that first Lynch Mob cd.
                    what a classic.

I heard he was too much of a perfectionist and/or too selfconscious in the studio and George got fed up along with some other band members.

still gots to have my Dokken though.
                    Its amazing to me he was a perfectionist in the studio (oni). Cause he absolutely sucked live, on video, and both times i saw lynch mob.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                      Its amazing to me he was a perfectionist in the studio (oni). Cause he absolutely sucked live, on video, and both times i saw lynch mob.
                      I've have heard that statement a lot. Still, Wicked Sensation is one awesome album.

Comment

I've never heard anything about Oni being a perfectionist, I read (on Dinosaur Rock Guitar site) he had known drug problems before even coming into Lynch Mob.
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I knew we got along like childhood friends when we met.-lol
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I saw Lynch Mob twice with Oni. The first time he was pretty good. It was at The Whiskey right before the first album came out, so I guess his voice wasn't shot yet. I saw them later at the KNAC 5th(?) anniversary show and he didn't sound nearly as good. Robert Mason blows him away live.
                            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Warren DeMartini = George Lynch

> On the point of George/Warren playing covers,I have an mp3 of George playing Photograph with Warrant,and George messes the main riff up,go figure. Tommy D.
                              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by TommyD View Post
                                > On the point of George/Warren playing covers,I have an mp3 of George playing Photograph with Warrant,and George messes the main riff up,go figure. Tommy D.
                                Are you talking about the solo or rhythm? Usually on those tribute albums only the solo is done by George or whoever.
                                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Working...
                                X