Warren DeMartini = George Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warren DeMartini = George Lynch

> This wasn't on a tribute cd,this was a live version,and George gets the main riff wrong,along with the rhythm part for the whole song. Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Iv'e seen Lynch live a couple of times and sometimes it seems like he can't even play his own material and other times he's untouchable. I have a bootleg with Lynch Mob where he plays half the show out of tune, Warren was dead on when I saw Ratt live but when in comes down to it I still have to give the Gold to George.

Comment

Hmm tough choice but I'll have to go with Lynch just because of the "legatoness" (if that a word) of the solo in along again.

Comment

Actually, I know I'm probably gonna take a lot of heat for this but I haven't heard a lot of Warren's stuff to be honest. I keep meaning to cheack out a bulk of RATT stuff but always seem to forget (OK... who threw the brick?!). Anyway, I'm perfectly aware of George's 'shred' credentials but not soo much Warren's, so could someone save the time time of searching through endless amounts of RATT songs and tell me the song they thing Warren's 'shred' is the best on (I really wanna get an idea of this guy's full ability)?

Thanks!
          sigpic
          And on the 8th day,
          God kicked back with a beer,
          And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
            Actually, I know I'm probably gonna take a lot of heat for this but I haven't heard a lot of Warren's stuff to be honest. I keep meaning to cheack out a bulk of RATT stuff but always seem to forget (OK... who threw the brick?!). Anyway, I'm perfectly aware of George's 'shred' credentials but not soo much Warren's, so could someone save the time time of searching through endless amounts of RATT songs and tell me the song they thing Warren's 'shred' is the best on (I really wanna get an idea of this guy's full ability)?

Thanks!
            I'd start at the Ratt EP and go through the full Ratt catalog. They're all good, and you can gather a fine appreciation of Warren's developement.

Comment

his best best playing was on all of his albums-lol
              Best riff- Lay it down
              Best lead-a whole bunch of them, check out detonator for hyper blues slippery shattered glass like lead playing. it's the stuff.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Nobody rides for free has a sweet lead in it too.

Comment

Anyone have Warren's solo release he put out about 10 years ago "Crazy enough to sing to you"..??

I got it..
                  Last edited by horns666; 12-18-2006, 05:23 AM.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Anyone have Warren's solo release he put out about 10 years ago "Crazy enough to sing to you"..??

I got it..
                    I want it
                    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

six of one/half dozen of the other. No comparison here. They are both great at what they do best. Both of these guys have been held back by subpar singers.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

I got it..
                        I got it too...Spanish Alley is my fave but all in all it is a great cd. Definately worth the $20 I paid for it off of Evilbay

Comment

I think on the inside liner of Wicked Sensation GL thanks someone for the Stolen and borrowed gear. The Head GL was looking to get was the purple Marshall Plexi that Warren owned. I think I read that somewhere. GL has stated a bunch of times that Warren ripped his riffs/ playing style off. They both are huge influences on me and I can't say one is better than the other. I think they both kick ass. My thought is that Warren decided to go in a different direction which in my opinion really worked for him and RATT.

I love Oni on WS and had seen them live 2 times. The second time he sounded really off. Robert Mason I have seen sing 4 or 5 times and he been on every single time. When I was in AZ I saw Lynch Mob at the Mason Jar. It was with Rob singing. The bass player (Anthony Esposito) got on the mic after the first 10 minutes or so and slammed Oni. He basically shouted out Fuck you Oni! We don't need you!

Somebody post some of Warren's "Crazy enough to sing for you" stuff. Never heard it.
                          Last edited by Firebird V; 12-19-2006, 09:15 AM.

Comment

i think warren always had a blues based foundation which george did not. He would use darker playing in the earlier days to my ears and then went more for the groove thing that warren had kind of done from the beginning. Neither is better than the other, i just think warren has better tunes than dokken anyday, but i've seen george on and off, i've never seen warren on an off night yet.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I like George better than Warren...I dont care too much for Ratt, pearcys vocals after 1 song have a nail on the chalkboard affect on me which sucks as they have some killer songs. Both cats are tasty but I give the nod to GL.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

I think Oni had alot of demons on his back which effected his singing. Like i said i remember seeing them on the first album and they were suppose to go around 10:00PM and didnt end up going on till around 1ish. I think because he was to drunk to sing was the explaination we got.

But this is probaly whey he was not on the second album, just to much drama, either being off or on etc..

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                                I love Oni on WS and had seen them live 2 times. The second time he sounded really off. Robert Mason I have seen sing 4 or 5 times and he been on every single time. When I was in AZ I saw Lynch Mob at the Mason Jar. It was with Rob singing. The bass player (Anthony Esposito) got on the mic after the first 10 minutes or so and slammed Oni. He basically shouted out Fuck you Oni! We don't need you!

Somebody post some of Warren's "Crazy enough to sing for you" stuff. Never heard it.

Comment

Working...
                                X