No announcement yet.

Warren DeMartini = George Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just the opposite, I love Pearcys voice, just something about it. Same with Slaughters voice, I guess i kinda like that high pitched buzz sound.

Don was ok back in the day, now you listen to it and think, damn he did have a gay voice, but I still love my old dokken!

As to the best singer between warren and george's groups, I defintly liked Oni the best. To bad he was either off or on in concert, I hope he cleaned up his act, but I havent been following him or Lynch in a long time.

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
    I like George better than Warren...I dont care too much for Ratt, pearcys vocals after 1 song have a nail on the chalkboard affect on me which sucks as they have some killer songs. Both cats are tasty but I give the nod to GL.

Comment

Lynch was way better than Demartini. Everybody knows that. C'mon.
      Not only did he write better songs but he could also kick Warren's ass too.
      Now.. if you want to talk about a guitarist that George idolized... it would be Tony Macalpine.
      Regarding styles.... Warren is a watered down version of George.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        Now.. if you want to talk about a guitarist that George idolized... it would be Tony Macalpine.
        sorry buddy, but you are way off, read the whole thread
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

People may think Don Dokken's voice were gay some times.. But when I listen to "Walk Away" I don't think so at all.. His vocals on that song is just amazing, pure feeling and power. It's really something that one!
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Warren plays Charvels. George plays ESPs. No question, Warren's better.
            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

"Help meeeeeee, Save Meeeeeeeeeeee, waaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!," dokken tunes can be just , aww fukk it, everybody hears things differently and that's what's cool. What's cooler is Warren being the 80's Keith Richards with electricity. Ratt tunes smoke dokken tunes into ashes. I go off of the tune, not the million notes in the solos. What song do you want to pull up at a red light cranking, Loving you's a dirty Job or Slippin' Away? Dirty Job, and you know it.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Jeff Pilson should have sung for Dokken. He has a mucher better voice than Don ever did or will.
                We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1 View Post
                  Jeff Pilson should have sung for Dokken. He has a mucher better voice than Don ever did or will.

Then,he would be singing for "Pilson". Not "Dokken"
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Don could still be in the band. He can do what he does best. Which seems to be complain.
                    We must!
                    We must!
                    We must increase the bust!
                    The bigger the better!
                    The tighter the sweater!
                    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      Wow. I love Lynch, but I gotta TOTALLY disagree with you on this dude.

Unless maybe by "kick Warren's ass" you meant in a fist fight, then yeah you're probably right. George would beat Warren up pretty badly.

But as far as guitar playing, they both slay and Warren is every bit as good as George - in his own way.

Comment

and the truth shall set you free Big D!!!!!

Comment

Ratt is better because it's good banging music, well at least to me because their grooves suit pretty well with my fucking speed and technique.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I disagree, they are both great guitarists and lynch didnt play a million notes a minute either. He might have been a bit faster then warren, but george played with good feeling too.

I love both players, but the wicked sensation album i feel is a great album and the best out of both groups catalouges. The rythems, the leads and the groves on that album was just great.

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                            "Help meeeeeee, Save Meeeeeeeeeeee, waaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!," dokken tunes can be just , aww fukk it, everybody hears things differently and that's what's cool. What's cooler is Warren being the 80's Keith Richards with electricity. Ratt tunes smoke dokken tunes into ashes. I go off of the tune, not the million notes in the solos. What song do you want to pull up at a red light cranking, Loving you's a dirty Job or Slippin' Away? Dirty Job, and you know it.

Comment

Siggy, I think you misunderstood Tommy. He didn't say that George played million notes per minute. He perfers Ratt because of the songs not because of the solos or whatnot. I'm like that too, I perfer some bands over others because of the songs not because of the abilities of lead guitarists. I mean many dudes can play fuggin well but If the band as a whole blows, then you are not listening to the band....you are listnening to the solos. And solos do not make the band better.

Dokken was a good band but like in a lot of many bands the rhythm section couldn't groove or show their talent much. Mick Brown is a great drummer but he doesn't (wasn't allowed?) to do much in Dokken. In Lynch Mob he did great grooves and even some off-beat/polyrhythmic stuff like on Dance Of The Dogs.

That being said Tim Kelly from Slaughter sounded a lot more like Lynch than Warren ever did.
                              Last edited by Endrik; 12-22-2006, 03:53 PM.

Comment

i mean, in the end, Ratt tunes do not sound like Dokken tunes at all, in any way iwhatsoever if you ask me, so how could he have ripped off his style if they sound nothing like each other during verses ,bridges ,and solos? Warren knew the blues influx always made a catchier tune in the end instead Lightning Stikes Again!!!!!! Light-naaaaaaaaanngggg!!!!!!! lightning Strikes agian,-lol
                                The tastier the better, and I think Georgie boy almost waited too long and didn't make the change to the much more groove foundation of the Mob. That would have sucked if he didn't make those albums. Much bettter than Dokken.

Comment

Working...
                                X