Saw Stryper friday in Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Stryper friday in Cleveland

Pretty good show, I met Robert Sweet out in front of the venue before the gig. The other guys were nowhere to be found.

I thought they did great. Michael played a prs for the majority, but played a custon PV wolfgang for a few tunes. Oz Played his Wayne most of the time, broke out the charvel for the drop d stuff, and had the silver and black jackson for a few tunes. Tone wise Michaels was much better, but they were playing through triple x's.

Only bummer for me for the show was that Robert seemed like he was stone drunk, and very disconnected from the rest of the guys. Michael didnt look at him once the entire show. It was painfully obviously that some of the backups and high screams were sampled or recorded, the volumes didnt match up at all, even the tone sounded different from his vox from the rest of the night.

I will be very suprised if they make it till the end of the tour. Found out later that at the beginning when i was talking to Robert the other guys were down at the corner eating, without him. Another odd thing, the singer for Roberts other band Blissed, was out front selling cds and talking to people. That whole thing just struck me as odd.

anyway, i wish them luck as they freaking rocked harder than anything i've seen in a long time.

Dave

Re: Saw Stryper friday in Cleveland

I was actually gonna go see that and actually forgot about it. I'm not really a fan. But, to see them close up and at this point in time would be kinda cool. Sucks they seemed out of sorts.

Dude was drunk? I thought they were all Christians?

I live about 4 miles from that venue.

Comment

Christians drink and drug too; nobody's perfect. They break all the Commandments just like everybody else too.

It's like Don Dokken says in the intro to Mirror, Mirror:

"And God created the world and said, 'This is good'"

"Then He created Man and said 'I fukked up'!"

That sort of sums it up!

[ October 12, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

VEEEEERY interesting....

Goin' to see them here in LA on the 28th.

Can't wait.
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

going again tonight in Columbus [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i'll give another report tomorrow.

dave

Comment

Ok, last night was kick ass, was front row, got a bible, and a pick. Robert again was out in the crowd before the show signing autographs, the rest of the guys being rock stars i guess.

This place was more like a little bar, not as big as in cleveland. They finished up the night with winter wonderland... good stuff.

dave

Comment

Dave,

I saw both shows in Springfield, VA and Robert Sweet was the same way there. He seemed like he was stoned. I stuck around after the first show to get an RR-1 signed and got to chat with them all briefly. They are all just great guys.

Interestingly enough, after the first show I saw Robert Sweet chugging Red Bull at 1:00 am. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What a great band!

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                Dave,

I saw both shows in Springfield, VA and Robert Sweet was the same way there. He seemed like he was stoned. I stuck around after the first show to get an RR-1 signed and got to chat with them all briefly. They are all just great guys.

Interestingly enough, after the first show I saw Robert Sweet chugging Red Bull at 1:00 am. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What a great band!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chaser for the Vodka shots probably.

I saw Stryper many years ago before the broke up. I think the were using marshall heads into Mesa power back then. Loudest show I have ever been too. They were heavy for the time

Comment

Working...
                X