G-3 Tour pics from phoenix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G-3 Tour pics from phoenix!

Deneb = Dross? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

totally off topic, but the guy standing with Vai in those shots (Dave Weiner) went to college with me. He was in a band called "BOX" for a while and played covers. Those were the days....

Comment

Just got back from the Vancouver show. It's a little late, but I'll post a few quick thoughts:

Malmsteen: This guy can still play... man 'o man! That being said, he really was getting screwed by the sound guy, or his equipment is not ideal unless he's the only guitar player. He was real easy to lose in the mix. I was pleased to see that he looked like he was having fun out there, and did not appear like the arrogant jerk he was reported to be in the past. For the "encore" set , they did Rockin' in the Free World, two Hendrix tunes, and La Grange. Yngwie even sang Voodoo Chile which was quite awesome actually. And his wife IS a babe!

Vai: What can you say, Vai is Vai. Very tasty tunes, great tone, and some WILD tricks. His other guitar player is no slouch either, and when he let McAlpine wail with him, it was awesome. McALpine could easily pass as one of the memebers of G3 next year! Billy Sheehan was good, although he looks like he's having a seizure when he plays... I'm not used to a bass player moving that much! Of the three, Vai's set was probably the best.

Satriani: Great tone and probably the best songs of the three (song wise, not technical merit), BUT, it takes about two songs to get tired of the whammy bar harmonics... enough Joe, let it go!! He really was getting into it, and the crowd loves Joe!

All in all, it was great show, lasting over four hours! They all seemed to have fun, and Yngwie is an absolute riot to watch. He threw his guitar to a roadie to catch over 4 times, and one time it really whacked the roadie in the chops pretty hard... ah, rock 'n roll. He had the funniest shirts for sale too: On the front it says "YNGWIE WHO?" and on the back it says "YNGWIE F@@@ING MALMSTEEN, THAT'S WHO!!"

Don't waste a thought debating whether to go or not; this show rocks. (Although I feel COMPLETELY inadequate on guitar now.....)

[ October 15, 2003, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: redmanjj ]

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
          Deneb = Dross? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats what I was thinking Dross=Roachboy=OrangeCat=Deneb

Thanks for the pics, I wanted to go but it was 300 miles away on a tues. 300mi I could swing, but not the tues.

[ October 15, 2003, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Cool shots. Why no pics of MacAlpine? Was it just me or were the Yngwie pics physically larger than the rest? Maybe the girth thing thru me i dunno whateva. Uleash the fukkin fury on a diet dude. sheesh. Now he makes Meatloaf look like Vai.
            still love the guy though. (not in that way you homsos) (not that there's anything wrong with that if thats what your into!!)
            Anyway. MacApline is a monster as big as any of them. A guy from work gave me a copy of MacAplines Evolution cd and it frikkin rocks. The first two tunes are very Yngwie-esc. The rest of the disk is also very cool and the tone is awsome. Check it out if you don't have it.
            Gil

Comment

Want a real education in MacAlpine? Edge of Insanity (Sheehan on bass) and Maximum Secutity (Lynch and Jeff Watson guest). Amazing albums from my favorite shredder. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Who cares if Yngwie is fat or not? Why don´t you start teasing Romeo and Lane(rip) too?

Bah, lame!

Comment

When I saw Yngwie live, he wasn't arrogant at all. He did his usual stuff, like playing guitar with one hand and such, but as far as being cocky when talking to the crowd, he was pretty down to earth, he even joked around and sang some on a bluesy song....well, everything in the song was bluesy except his solos.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk:
                    Who cares if Yngwie is fat or not? Why don´t you start teasing Romeo and Lane(rip) too?

Bah, lame!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL I was going to actually say that Mike Romeo does look a little like Yngwie! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i didn't know yngwie had a reverse headstock model...

Comment

I believe he's got a couple like that. They're left-handed necks taken off of really old guitars.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thats the biggest damn pickgaurd i've ever seen.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I was at the Portland G3. Pretty awesome. I think Yngwie was fatter a few years ago (remember the Cartman jokes). He broke out the reverse headstock Strat during the final jam.

Comment

Denab, you wish you had 5% of the chops YJM has forgot...

Behold the mighty dancing roach, you Dross wannabee... Cower in fear!!!!

Comment

Just saw the G3 tour in Detroit Thursday night. A great Shred fest for sure. But I thought Yngwie was a bit less refined(sound and playing).I saw him in the mid 80's and he was much more diverse when playing his signature scales. On the other hand Vai and Satch were amazing and their respective sounds were very polished and as always note for note perfect playing. I also liked Joes XXX and Carvin setup ala some rack help. Best live tones Ive heard in quite a while. I hope for G3 04 they get Paul Gilbert along with Vai and Satch now that would be something.

Ric

Comment

Working...
                                X