Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't wait for the new Mustain Crosby signature

btw. those inverted chords are centuries old
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I could give a shit what companies guitars he plays, I still like him

I bet he'll play a three single coiled strat with a lemon oiled neck, and a trembelo. Yeah baby, yeah!

Comment

I'm telling you guys, he's signed up with Agile!!!!
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

They already have a Dave Mustaine sig model...

Comment

Seriously, I was joking, but now looking at it the resemblance to a DV8 is uncanny. The white one is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              I'm telling you guys, he's signed up with Agile!!!!
              And I don't want to believe that
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Bets on Dave going to Silvertone next like Paul Thanley did?

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                  Is it me or did Megadeth start to go down the tubes when he left Jackson?
                  Nope... when he left BC Rich.
                  ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Mustaine adopted the King V because it was the only USA made V besides the Rhoads, and no self-respecting musician wants a "Signature Signature" model ..... he went with the KV, which was already being produced, and already had the Kahler (which Mustaine referred to in an interview as "that tone-sucking Kahler bridge").

He may have popularized it, but he didn't invent it. Dave also did not invent the "inverted chords" he says he did (the upside-down 2-note power chords you find in Holy Wars, or Orion). Tony Iommi invented them as can be heard on several Ozzy-era Sabbath tracks.
                    Newc, normally I agree with you when you have something to say....but here, I think you're off base by a mile. As for no self respecting musician wanting a Signature Signature model, I give you these artists from over the years:

Gibson Les Paul Sig:
                    Zakk Wylde
                    Ace Frehley
                    Slash
                    Jimmy Page
                    Joe Perry
                    etc......

This is just one sig model...there are many others.

Wasn't the original King V Kahler a Trem and not a fixed bridge? I forgot in my earlier post about his addition of the LSR tuners and of course don't forget the tall skinny frets.

Dave Mustaine never said he invented inverted chords. He invented the art of the Spider Riff, where you have a chord fingerred with fingers 1 and 3 and you finger the next chord in the progression with fingers 2 and 4 and vice versa.
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Les Paul and Zakk Wylde have totally different music styles. That comp is very apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                        Les Paul and Zakk Wylde have totally different music styles. That comp is very apples and oranges.
                        So do most of the players I listed there. Does that mean Randy and Dave's styles are similar? Nope.
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I should have said types, both played metal.

Comment

"my new guitar design presently known as an Axxion, which was the recipient of the Gold Award from Guitar World Magazine for 2005 for new guitar designs"

Boy, that means a lot! I knew cancelling that subscription was a good thing.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Caparison could be good.
                              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                Mustaine adopted the King V because it was the only USA made V besides the Rhoads, and no self-respecting musician wants a "Signature Signature" model
                                Well, he did have a blue Rhoads with pink bevels in the video for "In My Darkest Hour".
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X