Dave Mustaine OFFICIALLY done with ESP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Well, he did have a blue Rhoads with pink bevels in the video for "In My Darkest Hour".
    I always thought those were white bevels under a red light......hmmmm pink you say? That surprises me.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Is there any chance of Silver Number 1 being reproduced again ? That guitar is awesome, the silver metal flake and the sparkle silver finish KV pro are my favorite. I'm looking forward to the NAMM show this January to see what comes about. Always a loyal Dave Mustaine fan !

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
        Did he do that to Jackson when he left them? I don't remember...
        He did when he left BCR...

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          right, but then how do you explain Dean roundhorn V's, Hamer Explorers, etc.

are there lawsuits by Gibson against those companies for those designs, of which I am unaware? and there are a millions companies that make strat body designs, right?

I'm not so sure that Gibby and Fender always go after the smaller fish that run their designs. or we'd have heard about it by now. I think Gibby went after PRS because they saw them as a real threat, big name, respected brand and lots of customer loyalty.
          Gibson did go after ESP 'cause ESP EXP (thanks to James Hetfield from 'tallica) was selling goooood.To good...so Gibson started a lawsuit.And ESP had to change the shape of EXP -> that's how the ugly EX was born.

Comment

You know what's funny? That's NOT the guitar Dave used on the "Peace Sells" tour. The one he played on tour was gloss black, with Jackson PUs and a Megadeth logo sticker on the upper wing - IIRC, the same one you see in the video for "Wake Up Dead"...
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by eaeolian View Post
              You know what's funny? That's NOT the guitar Dave used on the "Peace Sells" tour. The one he played on tour was gloss black, with Jackson PUs and a Megadeth logo sticker on the upper wing - IIRC, the same one you see in the video for "Wake Up Dead"...
              Actually dude, that IS the same guitar. It's actually been repairred and refinned. Gar intentionally dropped it on it's headstock and broke it clean off. The guitar was then repairred. Later on Dave had it refinished The silver color. Such good work that you can't even tell it was broken. I've heard him tell the story in several interviews over the years. But that IS indeed the guitar.
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Huh. I stand corrected. I knew Gar broke the original, I just didn't know he had it fixed and refinned - the next time I saw him, he had a different one.
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                  I always thought those were white bevels under a red light......hmmmm pink you say? That surprises me.
                  I haven't seen the video in awhile, but I'm pretty sure it had pink bevels, was a Student model with dot inlays. It also had a Kahler with one of those Edwards/Kahler finger flip locking nuts. It was refinned to a solid color and on ebay within the past couple years (at least the seller said it was supposedly the same guitar).
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                    Without pics of what?
                    I was kidding Wanted to see some pics of whatever will be coming next in the form of a Dave Mustaine signature axe. I'm stoked!

Oh and by the way.... Dave made a statement saying the announcement WASN'T an official announcement.... I'm confuzled! Here's the gist of it, as told by Mustaine himself on the Megadeth Forums.

Originally posted by Dave Mustaine on the official Megadeth Forums

Droogies!

The ALLEGED statement of me leaving ESP is not an accurate statement "from me". It was a previous "draft" attempting to inform Dave Mustaine and Megadeth fans, and ESP fans, without leading anyone on to think something bad happened between us. It was strictly business.

Sadly, again, someone posted this misinformation elsewhere, which due to a mistake of the wrong information being posted here (which happens, . . . very rarely, but it happens) before we were able to remove it and put the authorized statement out, has led to a lot of speculation and I think it is hella kewl with the interest.

Let me assure you, the statement will be like " . . . ESP were great, the guitars were great, I wish them well, I hope we remain friends . . ."

Also, as of this second, there is NO SUCH THING AS A CONCERT FOR NAMM THIS YEAR. That part was just goofing around. I am not even signed to a new guitar endorsement deal yet, so people calling up ESP or Jackson or anyone and telling them they know were I am going is hilarious for me.

All kidding aside, I am stoked to be able to tell you soon, prolly next weekw ho I am going with. It may surprise a lot of you. It surprised me
                    Last edited by adoxtater; 12-07-2006, 04:26 PM.
                    - Adam

Comment

Actually dude, that IS the same guitar. It's actually been repairred and refinned. Gar intentionally dropped it on it's headstock and broke it clean off. The guitar was then repairred. Later on Dave had it refinished The silver color. Such good work that you can't even tell it was broken. I've heard him tell the story in several interviews over the years. But that IS indeed the guitar.
                      +1 it's indeed one and the same.
                      - Adam

Comment

YES Sanctuary !!! That's the ONE I want Dave to put out again for us, God I pray he does.

Comment

It was the 80's right? Is blue and pink really that big of a surprise?

Comment

A bit like the Bich he used with Metallica (natural/Koa) got repainted black for Megadeth...
                            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                              We're saying the same thing, dude. That's exactly what I meant by the "muscle in on those markets" reference. They don't go after small fish because they're not a real threat. But someone with big sales figures etc. - like PRS - is an actual threat to taking away a reasonably big chunk of market share. They're not going to go after the Suhrs or Hamers because they're not worth the effort. But if their sales figures ever hit the big time, watch out - any company that is a threat would be fair game.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Actually, didn't Fender send a cease and desist letter to Suhr and Anderson awhile back about the Strat BODY shape?
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X