No announcement yet.

Dave Mustaine OFFICIALLY done with ESP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but I suspect they ceased and desisted after the Gibson ruling was overturned...
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
      Technically, the King V wasn't Robbin's either...only in name.
      Yes, but it will always be associated with Robbin Crosby, more so than the other guy, Dave Linsk, that everyone says "invented" it. If Jackson thought otherwise, it may have been called the Linsk V.:ROTF:
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Still comes down to who was FIRST. Not second, or last.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
          Still comes down to who was FIRST. Not second, or last.
          Then that would be Ted McCarty, back in 1957.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Greedo Shot First ! Solo just smoked him because he's Hans Solo!
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
              Yes, but it will always be associated with Robbin Crosby, more so than the other guy, Dave Linsk, that everyone says "invented" it. If Jackson thought otherwise, it may have been called the Linsk V.:ROTF:
              Well, I think not everybody out there knows about Robbin Crosby...but I sure that a lot of people remember cool Jackson V's in Rust In Peace, Hangar, SymOfDest videos...

Comment

I can't see Mustaine without a Jackson, just ain't right.
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I had no clue who Robbin Crosby was until I googled him. Heck I don't think I ever heard a single RATT song. And being on these forums it seems quite an achievement!

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                    I read the Linsk story somewhere...I think on jacksonmuseum(???), so I obviously can't vouch for its accuracy. One interesting thing speaking against it is: Although the story stated that the first Double Rhoads was being built for "Dave Linsk of Overkill", Linsk didn't actually join Overkill until many years later, AFAIK.

Comment

Regardless of WHO made the KV, Dave Mustaine designed HIS signature KV Pro and KV1 in his configuration. If he said he invented the King V, I could understand your beef, but to the best of my knowledge he has not.

He says he will take the KV1, Silver Number One and/or the DV8. Please correct me if I am wrong, but AREN'T these signature models his configuration of the King V and not someone else ? NOTE: I do not mean the "King V" in general, I mean only the King V Pro and the KV1.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                        I read the Linsk story somewhere...I think on jacksonmuseum(???), so I obviously can't vouch for its accuracy. One interesting thing speaking against it is: Although the story stated that the first Double Rhoads was being built for "Dave Linsk of Overkill", Linsk didn't actually join Overkill until many years later, AFAIK.
                        Yah, Linsk didn't join Overkill til about 1999. Back in the day, he was playing in local Jersey band Zyris. Also, his real name is Polinski. Can you imagine the Polinski V?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Can you imagine the Polinski V?
                          isn't that some kind of gymnastic manuevre?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

I just had a thought on who Mustaine's new endorsement deal is with: Paul Reed Smith. Yep, you heard me right. PRS.

Think about it. They don't currently build a V. And, after the attempted d**k over in court by Gibson (which PRS turned the tables and won), PRS himself is probably itching to return the favor back to them. So, with the court decision now on his side, they build a PRS version of a roundhorn V to shaft Gibby's ass in return, and get Mustybones to endorse it. That would be funny as s**t.

And it'd fit right in with the "It may surprise a lot of you. It surprised me" statement.

Comment

King V will be always Robbin King Crosby's guitar, you don't know he is...too bad, stupid people these days don't even know that Les Paul was/is a kick ass guitar player.
                              Last edited by Endrik; 12-09-2006, 08:18 AM.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                Yah, Linsk didn't join Overkill til about 1999. Back in the day, he was playing in local Jersey band Zyris. Also, his real name is Polinski. Can you imagine the Polinski V?

Very true Ron. I shared the bill with Zyris on several occasions. Can anyone name another more famous guitarist spawned by the legendary local Jersey band Zyris?
                                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                                X