No announcement yet.

Disturbed , Godsmack and Mudvayne ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disturbed , Godsmack and Mudvayne ??

Originally posted by jgcable:
    Normie, I want to hear solo's too. Thats why I crank Disturbed at home and I riff away and put all the solo's the songs where they should be.
    I read somewhere that the guitar player in Staind studied under Tony Macalpine for 3 years. I have NEVER heard him play one solo. Go figure...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">staind blows my ass. Did you here there version of Nothing Else Matters on that MTV icon? fukk, they suck. As if a song like that needed to be simplified. But he barre chorded the entire thing. No fingerpicking at all. and the singer is a whiny *****. Fukk staind. They are pure suck.

Comment

boy you don't get out much do you...

Dude turn off MTV and go find some real bands to enjoy

I know a real riff when I hear it ....believe me this is not one of them.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm laughing again [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...I think I just squirt pp in my pants.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I love you guys ...this is so amusing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

your killin' me... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ October 16, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I can't help it... I like what I like. One minute I am listening to Riverdance,Circus du Soleil or Yanni and the next minute it is Mistress by Disturbed, then on to Priest- Beyond the Realms of Death and on to Metal Church- The Dark. Of course I always mix in some Wichita Lineman and anything written by Burt Bacharach. No lie bro...I am a sick man... [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

that's a pretty ecclectic scope of music dude ...

I guess I have metal blinders on... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

for me its MEtal...and classical.

I listened to Dimmu, Opeth, Kataklyzm, and then I went to a piano and busted out RAchmaninoff Prelude in C# minor.

Comment

As soon as you can run through some Cannibal Corpse followed by Mummy the Peepshow (japanese chick pop band. Kinda like Shonen Knife) flowing into some Glenn Branca before firing up some Cure and Skinless and ending up with a nice Hank Williams Sr./Agoraphobic Nosebleed/Patty Griffin trinity, THEN you can hang with my schizophrenic excuse for a taste in music. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've been told by friends that Disturbed sounds excellent live. Their singer is the real deal, that's for sure. Disliking a group because of a lack of solos is stupid. S**t, if all anyone cared about was solos then everyone here would be a JAZZ fan. You like that, huh? Want some nice long-winded, wanktacular JAZZ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Alright, I like some jazz. Not much, but that's more because of my hatred for horns. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I hate jazz musicians. with there "I can make 1 note say 1000 words" bull****. Then they sit their and meander around dorian and mixolydian scales over a blues progression for 9 minutes straight.

I played trumpet in a jazz band from freshman in highschool till 2 years ago in college. It's lame.

the saxophonists are the worst. John coltrane...goddamn, I had to transcribe one of his solos for an improv class. My hatred for him is fathomless.

[ October 17, 2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: the_drip ]

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                  I can't help it... I like what I like. One minute I am listening to Riverdance,Circus du Soleil or Yanni and the next minute it is Mistress by Disturbed, then on to Priest- Beyond the Realms of Death and on to Metal Church- The Dark. Of course I always mix in some Wichita Lineman and anything written by Burt Bacharach. No lie bro...I am a sick man... [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn Riverdance, you tip toe a lot? Too each his own I guess Yawni [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway mudvayne is really lame. I don't mind listing to disturbed or godsmack once in a while though. I like a lot of the new music cause it makes me feel like I am a really good player. Drop tune, turn it on a be damned if I can't play the song first try. Wallah! I am a superstar in my own jam room. Pimp Daddy to the rescue. Gotz go getz me some hozs now, late.

Comment

Hey, if you want to expand your horizons, you've got to listen to different stuff. For example, in my CD case:

Jag Panzer: Decade of the Nail-Spiked Bat (both discs)
                    Dixie Chicks: Home
                    Dire Straits: Making Movies
                    Lara St. John: Bach Works
                    Rage: Trapped
                    Bela Fleck & the Flecktones: Flight of the Cosmic Hippo
                    Extol: Sinergy
                    Conception: Flow and Parallel Minds
                    The Corrs: Forgiven, Not Forgotten
                    ...etc.

Nothing real heavy this week - the Extol is more tech than death - and nothing really strange, like the Bulgarian Choir stuff I had last week, but you get the idea. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

There's something good in all forms of music, usually - yes, even country, which I've picked up on because my wife's in a country band - if you can sort through the crap.

Which there's a lot of in radio country AND rock, but that's another argument. I'd much rather have Disturbed or Mudvayne representing "metal" to the masses than Limp Dickhead...

Mike
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by LRGman:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jgcable:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn Riverdance, you tip toe a lot? Too each his own I guess Yawni [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway mudvayne is really lame. I don't mind listing to disturbed or godsmack once in a while though. I like a lot of the new music cause it makes me feel like I am a really good player. Drop tune, turn it on a be damned if I can't play the song first try. Wallah! I am a superstar in my own jam room. Pimp Daddy to the rescue. Gotz go getz me some hozs now, late.
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The bass player and drummer in Mudvayne are excellent. Just listen to their newest song Not Falling. I have been playing forever and I will be the first to admit that those guys are tearing it up on that song. Both of them. That song has everything you could ever want in a metal song except a guitar solo which is barely missed. NOW, regarding your "do I tip toe alot" statement. Nah bro... not me.

Comment

I guess one thing that can be said about all of them is

at least they're not rapping. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

amen ....I've been told many times ..even by Harry Conklin of Jag Panzer I look like that Disturbed singer dude....not that makes me happy or anything ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My singer Ty can nail that dude and he can nail Chris Cornell as well ...it's uncanny

He liked disturbed and went to go see them the last time they came thru our town ....he hated it ...he said the singer was acting like Ricky Martin with the chicks ...he soesn't like em anymore now ...becuase he said he was acting so damn "gay" live.

Disturbed is the only Nu crap I could listen to without totaly gagging

just like AIC was the "only" seattle band that was cool in that whole grunge movement..

[ October 17, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                            amen ....I've been told many times ..even by Harry Conklin of Jag Panzer I look like that Disturbed singer dude....not that makes me happy or anything ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My singer Ty can nail that dude and he can nail Chris Cornell as well ...it's uncanny

He liked disturbed and went to go see them the last time they came thru our town ....he hated it ...he said the singer was acting like Ricky Martin with the chicks ...he soesn't like em anymore now ...becuase he said he was acting so damn "gay" live.

Disturbed is the only Nu crap I could listen to without totaly gagging

just like AIC was the "only" seattle band that was cool in that whole grunge movement..
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your singer can nail Chris Cornell, damn. I think he has great voice, one of the best range wise. But I was living in Seattle when all the bands were breaking from their so I always followed them. I saw Soundgarden once they were kickass, smoked Metallica but thats not hard to believe.

It was lollapalooza and Metallica comes out and plays a Master of Puppets Medley. Didn't even play the whole song. I am like f*ck Master o Puppets Medley. They were gay, **** I got off on Devo more than them. At least they were true to their gardening suits [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I know what you are saying about Godsmacks guitar sound. I like it to. I have a few of their CD's, and after their first unpopular commercial release, it sounds like they wrote 5 songs and just changed the lyrics to create new material.

Comment

I also think Godsmack has a great guitar sound and some heavy riffs. I saw some live footage of them on tv,...not sure what song it was but the guitarist did a short solo and it wasn't half bad! I was actually impressed with his ability! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X