blind guardian - live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blind guardian - live

anybody seen them recently? i am going to the show in orlando tomorrow night and would like to get a feel for the set list.

also, i guess the opening act is called "leaves eyes" or something...what are they like? should i skip them?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Leaves Eyes is the band the ex-singer of Theatre of Tragedy started (Liv Kristine I think). Definitely in the same vein of early/mid Theater of Tragedy (pre-Musique), but not as heavy. Just think gothy/mellow/atmoshperic/female vocals...

Comment

Yeah, man, I saw them at Jaxx theater in Virginia. I didn't like Leaves Eyes...however I heard from a large number of people that the sound guy had just mixed it terribly. The singer girl has a very wispy voice to me...instead of a really powerful one like Simone from Epica. I was told Leaves Eyes sound a lot like Nightwish, but unless the mix was really bad, I didn't like them. The lead male singer was this huge guy with hair down past his waist, who decided to leap into the crowd unannounced and hit someone in the eye pretty badly.

Blind Guardian was amazing! Great tone that was so clear I could follow the rhythms and guitar riffs with ease even if I wasn't familiar with the song! Hanzi was definitely kicking ass, and the whole show was spectacular. Those ENGLs that they use are really superb amplifiers.

Cheers,
      Nick

Comment

I'm a little disappointed in BG last two to be honest..I love their earlier stuff and Demons and Wizards..

You guys gotta check out Savage Circus and Persuader..especially SA..it's the best BG never recorded..IMO!!

I have Leaves Eyes release, yes It is Liv singing, I'm a fan of hers... a bit of a oddball opener for a power metal, Blind Guardian show..but I would prolly enjoy it, since I know and enjoy most of her work..

The show will span their best of material, my guess..and won't be far removed from their live cd the released a couple years ago with the exception of a couple new decent songs..I assume.

Should be a pretty good show for BG fans..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks guys!! i will taking my time getting to orlando then. leaves eyes doesn't sound like something i'd be into. if i catch them, cool. if not oh well!!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X