Lizzy Borden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizzy Borden

Love the songs, hate the movies.. First time I heard a Lizzy Borden album I wasn't sure if it was a man or woman singing, and I found out that's part of the game.. I love this song

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

movies?!?!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

part of the game???
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
        part of the game???
        What I meant to say was, Lizzy Borden delibirately wanted people to wonder if he was man or a woman, hence wearing masks and stuff at shows at times. Oh, and by "movies" I meant music videos. Most 80's music videos are absolutely horrible and does not serve the songs any justice what so ever.

Comment

Well Lizzy Borden is quite the ugly guy, so wearing masks and stuff was probably a good idea.
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Same can be said about Dee Snider

Comment

Lizzy didn't try to hide that he was a guy, it was more or less like Alice Cooper. Lizzy Borden was by legend a women who murdered her parents with an axe back in the 1800s. But as with Alice, we all knew Lizzy was a guy. And yeah, he's pretty homely, but he can sing!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I remember diggin' the Borden footage in "The Dcline of Western Civilization II, The metal Years".

Comment

Silver lipstick, Shiny cape-wearing, poodle hair, spread-fingered posing cheese-tasticness!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

He's always (like Ozzy) had GREAT guitar players... Tasty stuff.

Comment

fun fact:

if any of you liked Joe Holmes with Ozzy, he played with Borden from '87 to roughly '91 or '92.

Comment

Thanks, I've always liked Lizzy's guitar players

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged View Post
                          fun fact:

if any of you liked Joe Holmes with Ozzy, he played with Borden from '87 to roughly '91 or '92.
                          Yep. It's just unfortunate that he never recorded with Ozzy. I think he was in the band during the "Ozzmosis" era.

Joe played on the "Visual Lies" album for Lizzy. IMHO, the most melodic (but also the most mainstream) album Lizzy ever did. It is my favorite though.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                            First time I heard a Lizzy Borden album I wasn't sure if it was a man or woman singing, and I found out that's part of the game..
                            Being from Norway, you should be pretty used to metal musicians with "questionable looks"...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                              Being from Norway, you should be pretty used to metal musicians with "questionable looks"...
                              Good one!:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X