RIP George Harrison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP George Harrison

Wow, I didn't realize it's been 5 years (as of Nov. 29). Great guitarist, musician, song writer, and all around cool cat.

RIP George.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

RIP

one of my heroes
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The one and only. RIP
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Wow, 5 years! And isn't tomorrow the anniversary of Lennon's death? It's weird to think that half of Beatles are dead. RIP George and John.......
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

^^yes it is...the 26. and also the 2. anniversary of Dimebag`s Death
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

George. Definitely my favourite beatle. Very tasteful lead and slide player. Great songwriter as well.

It's the 8th now, so RIP Dimebag

Comment

Yup.. both days were very sad. As a guitar player, I was always a fan of George. But even forgetting the guitar playing aspects of what he did... He was just an amazing songwriter. Incredibly soulful and imaginative. He was indeed truly gifted, and left this world a better place w/ his body of work.

If you ever have the chance to see the the DVD "Concert for George", please check it out. It is a GREAT celebration of his life and works, led by the likes of Clapton & Jeff Lynne. And seeing George's son Dhani there playing guitar, it was almost like George was right there too. It was a beautiful night.

RIP George, John, & Dime...

-Kenn P.

Comment

RIP John - the greatest songwriter in 20th century
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by kennslp View Post
                  Yup.. both days were very sad. As a guitar player, I was always a fan of George. But even forgetting the guitar playing aspects of what he did... He was just an amazing songwriter. Incredibly soulful and imaginative. He was indeed truly gifted, and left this world a better place w/ his body of work.

If you ever have the chance to see the the DVD "Concert for George", please check it out. It is a GREAT celebration of his life and works, led by the likes of Clapton & Jeff Lynne. And seeing George's son Dhani there playing guitar, it was almost like George was right there too. It was a beautiful night.

RIP George, John, & Dime...

-Kenn P.
                  McCartney, Clapton, Ringo, and Dhani doing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" =
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                    McCartney, Clapton, Ringo, and Dhani doing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" =
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeyX3c3jYIA
                    RIP
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow, 5 years already for George! Rest in peace, John and George. Of course, Darrell too. Is it ironic, or just spooky, that John and Darrell were both assassinated on the same day? I pray that nothing like that ever happens again....
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

George Harrison is dead? Musta missed that...

Comment

Rip...
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                            George Harrison is dead? Musta missed that...

What rock U been livin' under John?!

George has been gone now for 5 years, and we lost yet another brilliant artist. I can't say George was my favorite Beatle (McCartney is) but his contributions to the Beatles and beyond in his own works were absolutely incredible.

RIP George...someone else here said it best..."he left the world a better place"

Comment

Like I pay attention to those people dying... Hehe... Just not on my list of things I pay attention to. If I see it here (jcf), I might have noticed. If it's on TV and doesn't involve a radioactive cloud in my city, I don't bother watching.

Technically, If I never heard another Beatles song again, I wouldn't be too bummed. Just not my bag. That goes for Zep, Floyd, and quite a few others classic rock dinosaurs I enjoyed as a child... I'm just done with that stuff and don't look back.

Comment

Working...
                              X