Criss Oliva Memorial Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criss Oliva Memorial Concert

I know it was mentioned in a couple of threads but this past weekend was the Criss Oliva Memorial Concert in Tampa... It was unbelievable it was so awesome...

Streets (a Savatage Tribute Band) took the stage first and did a variety of older stuff...

Circle 2 Circle took the stage next... These guys kick ass major... It was the first time I saw Zak sing live...

Jon Oliva did a set of some of his solo stuff (which was awesome also), then he brought Chris Caffery and John Osbourne in with a bass player who I didn't know to play 2 Doctor Butcher songs... I never thought I'd hear Butcher done live but "Lost in the Dark" and "Don't Talk to Me" were great...

Finally Savatage hit the stage... Jon's voice has never sounded better... they did an entire set which lasted well after 1am... Zak joined the guys onstage to do some songs from the Edge of Thorns cd...

There were TONS of pictures taken... not just of the show but of the cookout at Doctor Killdrums (Steve Wacholz's) on Sunday...

If you want more details and pictures, www.ChrisCaffery.com and check out the message boards...

Now i'm gonna try and get some more sleep... 3 days with no sleep almost killed me...

Joy

Re: Criss Oliva Memorial Concert

Thanks for the post Joy, I'm still sad that I missed it....it sounds like it was really rad... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Due to prior commitments, I was unable to go myself... Thanks for the update though..
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Are all you guys in Tampa/St. Pete?

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Nope... Chicago, IL
          Occupy JCF

Comment

I live in North Carolina...

Comment

I had the same issue, Tekky. Our singer went, though, and he said the show was awesome.

Caffery's really got Criss Oliva's style down.

Mike
              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I'm in Baltimore. I drove down there with 5 other people in my mini-van (which is cool -- it has a Savatage decal in the back window)...

Other cities represented in my van...

Boston
                Detroit
                somewhere in Missouri
                Northern Jersey
                Philadelphia

There were people there from all over the world. I personally met folks from Greece, Germany, Netherlands, plus I know of Canada, and Jon mentioned 11 countries so....

A once-in-a-lifetime show... absolutely awesome...

and yes... it's very important to Chris to play those solos just like Criss Oliva did... and he does it very well...

Joy
                www.ChrisCaffery.com

Comment

I went - CT was represented as well

Comment

Working...
                  X