Stryper in Los Angeles 10/28/03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stryper in Los Angeles 10/28/03

House of Blues on Sunset. The place was PACKED. Probably at about 900 of the 1000 capacity...not bad for a Tuesday night!

GREAT show. They still look great & still rock as hard as ever! Amazing intricate harmony vocals & guitar parts. Hard to pull off live but they had no problems.

Robert Sweet displayed some pretty ODD mannerisms during the show...almost like he was in another time zone and bored out of his mind. Drunk maybe? Who knows, but was right on the money musically.

If you have a chance to see them don't miss it. They were well worth the late worknight out & the $24 pricetag.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Re: Stryper in Los Angeles 10/28/03

Man, I would've loved to see that show!
    I'm an OLD SCHOOL Stryper fan: I used to see them perform at churches such as Calvary Chapel Downey before they hit it big! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Will be seeing them in Florida House of Blues Nov.12th. Can't wait. Always was a stryper fan and most of all, loved their colors, especially their guitars....BAD ASS!!!. The yellow and black is still my favourite attack......no pun intended [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .....Might even get back stage.... Will post photos if I do. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Fish Talk

Comment

Any pics of the recent shows?

Comment

They are not allowing cameras into any of the shows on the tour.I waited outside before the show to get my stryper graphic charvel star autographed.When mike came out i asked if he would sign it and he said "i am cutting down on that stuff, sorry brother". Afew minutes later a security guy for the venue came out and told all who were hanging out that we had to leave, especially the guy w/the guitar(me).Needless to say, i was pissed by the diss but got over it after the show started.The show was amazing, they sounded perfect w/mike hitting all the high notes.Nobody on the jcf has mentioned the 7 minute prayer at the end of the show, did they only do this in Denver?I didnt have a prob w/it but they shouldve playeda song afterwards.I did, however, hear the greatest heckle ever at a concert.While waiting for the crowd to be silenced for the prayer, someone yelled drunkenly.."Albequerque needs Jesus!"To which mIke said, hey...show some respect fo thelord.Classic.Robert sweet looked like he was not into the christian thing.He rolled his eyes while tossing out bibles and during the prayer he looked like he would rather be somewhere else.BUT...They played one of the best shows i have ever seen.

Comment

You opened your eyes during prayer? [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, i did.I had to see the reaction from the crowd.It caught me and alot of people off gaurd,the heckling is what made me look up in the first place.I saw Stryper 3 times back in the day, including the soldiers tour, they never did a prayer for the crowd.In fact, as they gained popularity, the jesus factor was less and less each tour.

Dave S

Comment

Working...
              X