King Diamond- Cleveland 11-01-03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Diamond- Cleveland 11-01-03

i actually remember seeing king diamond on the "Them" tour...intense would be an understatement...might have to check him out on this tour to see how they're holding up live now...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Re: King Diamond- Cleveland 11-01-03

How long did Entombed play for?

Comment

Much too long...

Comment

I saw them the night before.. King was great, Entombed bored me.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Saw them last week in Denver. King rules!

I high fived King Diamond and caught one of Andy's picks. That what I call a good night!

Comment

King Diamond- Cleveland 11-01-03

The infamous King Diamond brought his metal horror show to the Cleveland Odeon Saturday night.

The opening sucked ass. The second act, Nocturn, was a cross between Missing persons vocals and badly perfomed Korn detuned stuff... Yeesh...

Then, Entombed did what they do fairly well. I'm assuming they did it well as they had a great crowd response. Perdsonally, I wasn't impressed other than a few memorable guitar solos. But, Bill loved them, go figure.

King was pretty darn good. Opening with Funeral / Arrival /A mansion in Darkness. It was obviously going to be a fun evening and worth suffering through the openers.

The first couple tunes were a bit loose and vocals were a bit flat on the high falsetto stuff. Then he dialed the vocals in nicely and nailed most material till the end, then he started going a bit flat again and conveniently had the audience sing some of the demanding stuff. Pretty good for the most part. He still has the low stuff and middle vocal stuff perfect.

Musically, it was not as good as the show they did last did with Glen Drover (Eidolon) playing guitar. Glen actually nailed the stuff much better that Wead I have to say. Not to say Wead didn't deliver the goods though.

Even the mighty LaRoque was erratic in reproducing some of his stuff. But, he was awesome for the most part and I was captivated as always with the guy. It's all pretty demanding material, hats off to them for nailing it well as they did really. Not like I nail that **** religiously either (then agian, I didn't write it or make a living on it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).

They did the main tunes from Abigail as the first part of the show, and then went into the Puppetmaster for a few tunes. They pretty much touched on material from most of their releases and the big hits. Most enjoyable.

Ending with THREE (somewhat drawn out [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ) farging encores including Halloween and No Presents for Christmas, they definitely kicked some major ass.

Although they left out show favorites "Come to the Sabbath" and "Evil" in exchange for some lesser material here an there, I walked out smiling and felt I got my moneys worth.

Can't wait till next time! Long live the King!

Comment

you're in Denver too? sh!t we should havea JCF-colorado party or some sh!t like that.

buzzsaww be buyin the booze.....since he's rockin the employment scene! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Can you guys quantify the length of Entombed's boring set.

Comment

I Palo Alto I think Entombed played for at least 1 to 1.5 hours. It felt like 3 hours though.

Comment

I was actually looking forward to Entombed, so I didn;t mind their set. Although Nocturne played WAAAAY too long.

Comment

CO JCF party? Sounds great, lets set that **** up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, Entombed played just over an hour here...

Comment

Same for Milwaukee. I used the time to my advantage to get beer, and lots of it..
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

can't wait to see the dc/va show at jacks!!!!

... i hear the master's vioce...
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Apparently Entombed is having an in-band no-shaving-until-the-end-of-the-tour contest - did it show?

Comment

Working...
                              X