Michael Schenker in Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Schenker in Concert

I just saw on Ticketmaster that Michael Schenker is scheduled to play a number of shows in late Nov/early Dec. including some with Lynch Mob. I'll be at the one at Jaxx in VA on 12/12. Woohoo!

Re: Michael Schenker in Concert

Sadly I can't get out of work the night he plays NY.

MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP: More U.S. Dates Announced - Nov. 2, 2003

MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP's (MSG) have announced more dates for their upcoming U.S. tour. They are as follows:

Nov. 26 - Concord, CA @ Cadillac Ranch
    Nov. 28 - Sacramento, CA @ The Roadhouse
    Nov. 29 - Ventura, CA @ Ventura Theatre
    Nov. 30 - West Hollywood, CA @ Key Club
    Dec. 03 - San Diego, CA @ Brick By Brick
    Dec. 04 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
    Dec. 06 - Las Vegas, NV @ Live
    Dec. 12 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
    Dec. 13 - Wantagh, NY @ Mulcahy's
    Dec. 16 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's Down Under
    Dec. 18 - Milwaukee, WI @ Shank Hall
    Dec. 19 - Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues
    Dec. 20 - Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues

The group's previously announced show at The Mason Jar in Phoenix, originally scheduled to take place on December 5, will probably not happen, according to singer Chris Logan. "Unfortunately, it's just too small of a room," he says. "We are currently looking into other venues in the area that are large enough to allow for everyone who's ready to rock!"

MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP's touring lineup for the tour will consist of the following musicians:

Michael Schenker - guitar
    Chris Logan - vocals
    Rev Jones (BLACK SYMPHONY, MSG) - bass
    Wayne Findlay (MSG, VINNIE MOORE) – keyboards, guitar
    Pete Holmes (BLACK 'N' BLUE, TED NUGENT, BLACK SYMPHONY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) - drums

[ November 03, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: ChickenScratch ]
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Garsh Dern it!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
      None of those dates are any where near me!!!
      Schenker's the Man!!! and so is Lynch!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Keep in mind he will be including a set with his new girlfriend Amy Schugar in the middle of his show. She has the all time WORST voice. Otherwise as long as he is sober the shows should rock.

Chuck
        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo:
          Keep in mind he will be including a set with his new girlfriend Amy Schugar in the middle of his show. She has the all time WORST voice. Otherwise as long as he is sober the shows should rock.

Chuck
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn, when a guy is gettin' some it makes him a little insane or in Mike's case a little more insane.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yoko Ono Syndrome strikes again! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

With my luck he'll fall off the wagon and cancel on me for the 4th time. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
              Also, I wonder if he is still sporting the "homeless" look... overgrown beard and coveralls. No matter, I just want to see him play!

Comment

He is having an awful time lately. On his last album he just walked out of the studio (shrapnel records) and Mike Varney had to get Jeff Watson (Night Ranger) to finish off several of the lead tracks. He says he is better now, after getting out of a hospital again. I was lucky enough to see him for his Written in the Sand tour a few years ago and he was seething! I hope he doesn't keep on the down side much longer, he is way too good a player to see by the side of the road.

Chuck

Comment

What's his problem(s)? I remember years ago hearing he's got some sort of mental problem. Is that true or is it just substance addiction?

Comment

Now would be a good time for Ozzy to grab him. When Randy died, one of his first choices to fill the slot was Micheal. Zakk has grown to be boring with Ozzy.
                    1990 Jackson Professional
                    1992 Dean ML
                    2004 Epiphone Flying V
                    2005 Epiphone Dot
                    2009 Fender Stratocaster
                    2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                    2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                    2006 Fender P Bass
                    2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                    1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                    1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                    Custom Pedalboard
                    ADA MP1
                    ADA FX2
                    Tascam 2488

Comment

2 years ago he split with his wifey and it was a bad breakup. It was financially bad enough that he sold all of his best axes and alot of music paraphenalia from over the years. He even resorted reportedly to giving guitar lessons at 200 bucks a pop. Then I guess he fell to pieces and hit a clinic, not sure if it was a mental clinic or substance abuse, probably a little of both.

Now he has a new chick, a new guitar, a new album and lots of new material for music. Lets just pray for no "Blackmore's Night" type things....Man, Ritchie's chick is hot....but I mean c'mon! Medieval music?!! GAHHH!!

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                      X