Ride The Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ride The Lightning

Whatever guitar the Invader was in, he used it on the MOP album. I had two Invaders in my old Kelly... those things were awesome!! Talk about low end punch!!!!

[ November 05, 2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

im not sure on that pic-up....
      but toe-jam is the #3 member on the board
      [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am not a number!I'm a free man!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah we should take all comments' importance relative to the member's number.
          I guess with no. 16 i am not that bad [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          Bow to me !! hehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Well ok bow more to Toejam [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

the lead tone on the black album is killer, too (think of struggle within. what do you think?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you are right [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Oddly enough, I have been listening to the Black Album the last 2 days after I retired it a couple of years ago. That album has the best overall sound to me production wise. Oh yeah - the solo in Struggle Within rips [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death:
              Yeah we should take all comments' importance relative to the member's number.
              I guess with no. 16 i am not that bad [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              Bow to me !! hehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Well ok bow more to Toejam [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Flo
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's right, hail me and my low number! I am the all-knowing, better than our own Bill Z Bub. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Check this page: Metallica Gear

Ride The Lightning:
                Replacement 100 watt Marshall Heads that were later modified
                Ibanez Tube Screamer-Last time James used an overdrive/distortion pedal
                Marshall 4x12

Comment

Wow, that's a great site, Bob! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Interesting how James used to use the EMG 81/81 combo and now most of his guitars have the 60 in the neck instead.

Comment

Originally posted by DJROBA:
                    Definitely use a Marshall JCM800 #2204 (50watt), and an Ibanez Tube screamer TS-9. Pick up's should be Jackson J90C's. If you can get your hand on a 1984 JCM800, that would be ideal. I've tried other years, but the 84's seem to have something special. Put all of this together, and tha ability to play the tune, and you'll be shredding with the tone you want. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm telling ya, this is the way to go. I've had that tone since before Ride the lighting. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    1990 Jackson Professional
                    1992 Dean ML
                    2004 Epiphone Flying V
                    2005 Epiphone Dot
                    2009 Fender Stratocaster
                    2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                    2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                    2006 Fender P Bass
                    2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                    1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                    1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                    Custom Pedalboard
                    ADA MP1
                    ADA FX2
                    Tascam 2488

Comment

Haha, great pictures [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ November 06, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: BK ]

Comment

Originally posted by kremit:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the lead tone on the black album is killer, too (think of struggle within. what do you think?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you are right [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Oddly enough, I have been listening to the Black Album the last 2 days after I retired it a couple of years ago. That album has the best overall sound to me production wise. Oh yeah - the solo in Struggle Within rips [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. Bob Rock did an excellent job of producing that one. Too bad that dork then started trying to get the guys to really "try new things" and "let the others write too". That's when garbage starting coming out of the speakers. (See Load thru St. Anger for reference [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] )

James was using the EMGs from the Black Album on I believe, or possibly started using them on Justice.

Comment

James started using the EMGs on the Garage Days Re-Revisited Ep in his Gibson Explorer that said "More Beer!" on the upper horn [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X