Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic in concert, Journey on VH1 Classic now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic in concert, Journey on VH1 Classic now!

Just as i said, kiss on tomorrow at 12:30PM

neal schon is a guitar icon... imo he is the best... technically flawless, the man just doesn't have a weakness.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Yeah, if that's the same Kiss one, I saw it. It was okay.

The best is the old Journey vids, where Neal has that GIANT windpopper afro! If you watch, his hair is almost 180 degrees out of phase with the rest of his head, as he moves! Priceless.......
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I thought it was interesting that Neal had a Floyd on one of his Les Pauls, and that video was shot November 1981. I thought Floyds weren't available to the public until mid 1982, and EVH and Brad Gillis had the first ones...

Comment

I dont think it was a floyd, i think more of a piviting type tremo that is not locking.

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
          I thought it was interesting that Neal had a Floyd on one of his Les Pauls, and that video was shot November 1981. I thought Floyds weren't available to the public until mid 1982, and EVH and Brad Gillis had the first ones...

Comment

Yep it's a Floyd Rose..watched it the other day with the wife..

..I noticed that this was the first Gibson Les Paul that I've ever seen with a Floyd-Rose. Did you get it customized? And if so, is it possible for the average consumer to get one?

Neal Schon .."I was actually the first guy to put a floyd-rose on a stock Les Paul....back in the early 80's. The ones I was playing this last year were custom made for me by Gibson. Go to the custom shop on the internet, and make a request."
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, there ya go. I guess Brad Gillis was the second one then. He's got one on a black Les Paul in that Ozzy Diary show from June of 1982.

Comment

I watched that show, it was fun! But man, is Steve Perry the dorkiest or what? Awesome singer, killer pipes but he looked so funny up there.

Comment

Yeah, some of their stuff is kinda cheesy, but you can't deny the talent in that band. They pulled off their set flawlessly. Plus, you could tell most of the crowd was chicks... can't beat that!

Comment

Working...
                  X