Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a waste for DeMartini

WHITE LION 2004 Reunion Lineup Revealed - Nov. 6, 2003

The details of WHITE LION's 2004 reunion lineup have been revealed in a European magazine. Joining singer Mike Tramp in the new formation will be guitarist Warren DeMartini (ex-RATT), bassist James Lomenzo and drummer Jimmy DeGrasso (ex-MEGADETH, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, Y&T). However, it should be pointed out that this lineup is not 100% confirmed as it is still hoped that guitarist Vito Bratta will join the planned reunion.

As previously reported, WHITE LION have been confirmed for the 2004 edition of the Bang Your Head festival, set to take place June 25-26 in Balingen, Germany. More dates will be announced soon.

Re: What a waste for DeMartini

Why would you say that? Judging by your ID, you like Vito's stuff, so there's no reason to think it won't sound good with Warren. In fact, I think he'll fit that band quite well. Warren has always admitted being a bit of a VH semi-clone anyway (as has Vito) - and he's excellent at it as well!

I like some of the White Lion stuff - it's melodic and catchy with lots of good guitar riffs. I'll take this reunion over nu-metal puke anyday of the week!

EDIT: I read that Vito threatened legal action if they went out under the White Lion name without him... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[ November 06, 2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Brian ]

Comment

Why would you say that? Judging by your ID, you like Vito's stuff, so there's no reason to think it won't sound good with Warren. In fact, I think he'll fit that band quite well. Warren has always admitted being a bit of a VH semi-clone anyway (as has Vito) - and he's excellent at it as well!

I like some of the White Lion stuff - it's melodic and catchy with lots of good guitar riffs. I'll take this reunion over nu-metal puke anyday of the week!

EDIT: I read that Vito threatened legal action if they went out under the White Lion name without him...
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah I like Vito and, you're right, White Lion is better than the current alternative, but when I say "what a waste" it's because Warren's playing is more suited to something much harder and traditional than what White Lion has to offer. For all we know this could all be a power play to get Vito back.

BTW - my name is Vittorio - hence Vito.

Comment

What site did you get this from?
        Occupy JCF

Comment

it's on www.blabbermouth.net
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Vito: that's cool! I thought your ID was merely a "play on words" type thing, but it's actually your name! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As far as Warren goes, if you look at his style a little more in depth, you'll hear more leanings towards VH and Hendrix than anything really hard-edged or "heavy" sounding - he's much more blues based than the "metal" tag people seem to associate him with. I think that even though it may be a ploy to get Vito back (which will probably NEVER happen, from what I read...), he would fit in nicely with that act.

Comment

I always liked White Lion for thier music, but thier singer left something to be desired. That song "Childer In Elsalvador" I think is in the top 5 of gayest things ever written.

Matt

Comment

I think Warren will do an admirable job in this lineup.....Warren was underrated I always thought in Ratt....he had chops and great tone...not to mention some sessy guitars [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Vito Bratta is/was an icredible talent....definately a product of the post-Van Halen school of guitar...integrating fluid tapping/picking/and legato with a tone as big as Texas.

My favorite songs from White Lion are Wait and the cover to Radar Love by Golden Earring....

Wait was a ***** to figure out and then get that puppy up to speed was no joke [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I would pay to see White Lion back on the road. It would be a great show.....

My $0.02 worth [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Saw White Lion in clubs in NYC a bunch. Vito was always dead on. I never saw him have a bad night.Warren should be able to play this stuff in his sleep.I also think it a way to push Vito back in the band.If they come to Fla. I'll go.
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Sounds like a horrible fit. I know Vito and his style isn't even close to Warrens. Vito is a EVH clone but much cleaner and more precise. Warren is your typical Lynch type blues based 80's shredder. There tone/style and technique couldn't be further apart. I think the info is bunk.

Comment

Exactly JG...you or I weren't the same players in the 80's that we are now....we all grow, adapt, assimilate, and learn new techniques naturally through time.....

Vito Bratta was a bad mofo for sure....and I'm sure he sounds similar now as to when he was the guitarist for White Lion....but he has probably changed also....the same as DeMartini has evolved.

I wouldn't count Warren out for the count yet, he may surprise you and us collectively. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I always thought that Warren was the 80's shred version of Joe Perry. You're right... he is one bad mutha..

Comment

studhorse of the highest extreme.
                          i think his playing on detonator is as tasty as it can maybe possibly get. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Good point there Tommy; if Vito's hand problems kept him off guitar for 10 years
                            (maybe still off guitar) then he wouldn't necessarily be able to do the reunion.

If he can't or won't do the reunion, he should let them go ahead and not take legal action. They could pay him a cut if he does have ownership rights, but why
                            stop them just because he can't or won't
                            participate? Shades of Steve Perry and Dennis DeYoung! Hey! Maybe the three of 'em can have a support group! Sounds
                            like it's time for White Lion: Behind The Music! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Let's also hope Warren doesn't get fired for not learning the songs right!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

i think it would be great if they went out without mike tramp [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X