Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What a waste for DeMartini

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
    Sounds like it's time for White Lion: Behind The Music! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If the reunion is a success. Don't you need to Rise, Fall and Rise Again to get on Behind The Music? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Maybe they could just change the name a bit in case Vito decides to sue...Ivory Lion...Creme Lion...

Comment

Or perhaps albino cub?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

How about White Lyin'? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Laxercat gets my vote, that was funny.

As for demartini, i have seen him 4 times since '99 and to be honest, he sounds great but he looks like he's working.Like a day job.His fire isnt burning so bright and what i saw of him with whitesnake, he doesnt even attempt to play the solos right.Sure hes a killer guitarist but show some respect for the songs.Doug aldrich is proof that you play the solos note for note and still get recognition for being yourself.

As for doing the tour, why not?He would finaly have a chance to play with a singer, dont tell me Pearcy was a great singer, he just was right for the sound.But, if you saw him live, youd know he blows goat.I saw Tramp 2-3 years ago and he sounded dead on and took care of himself, unlike many from the day. I am glad to hear they are back,and would hope Vito could do it.

BTW, he injured himself doing warm-up excersises and was unable to move his wrist from side to side.He was making strides to be able to move his hand again.
            Im in!!

Davey Boy Gomes

Comment

I hope so because I have always admired his playing although I feel the song writing and the overall band vibe outweighed Warrens playing. Ratt really wrote some cool stuff and the combo of Robin and Warren was a perfect match. Like KK and Glen. Regarding Vito, just listen to his work on Pride really carefully. nuff said.... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

one thing you are all forgetting, or maybe did not know is that vito bratta could not play
                a guitar for 10 years because of arthritis or some injury, etc. i don't think he has been active at all on the instrument.
                you all know how i feel about warren.
                he's a bad muthafukka. one of my favorite slippery fingered cats of all time.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Warren is one of my all time favorite players. That being said, this is the worst matchup that I have ever heard. As great as Warren is, his playing style couldn't be further from Vito Brattas. I don't near any EVH in WD's playing and Brattas is a complete EVH vibe. I think that Bratta had his own style, and there is no mistaking when it is him playing, but it was definitely in the EVH vein. I don't think that Warren can pull it off. Warren is great, but versatile is not a word I would use to describe him. I hate to say it, but Warren is pretty much pigeon holed into his style of playing, I call it blues based metal pyrotechnics. WD in Dio was a bad match as was WD in Whitesnake. WTF, Warren, is it this bad paying the bills!?

Comment

Tough times for Warren. Doesn't sound like a good match to me. Although RATT has no fire left to return apparently. And of course Robin Crosby died a few years ago anyway, but what a cutting edge sound they had at their peak. Too bad...... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[ November 11, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Enigma ]

Comment

Robbin died just last year, actually: click
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I just read on melodicrock.com that warren and bobby own the rights to use the name Ratt for live purposes only.Which means that unless they hook up w/pearcy, they cant release any cd's.Kinda turns them into a touring only band.Pearcy re-recorded a bunch of old ratt tunes and had jake e lee and george lynch play on them.That might rock, we'll see.Jake hasnt done much in the past few years.I wish he wold do some original music instead but atleast its something.As for white lyin, metalcop is 100% right on the money.Not that i wont go and see it when they come to denver.

Comment

Working...
                        X