G3 in Wash. DC 11/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3 in Wash. DC 11/4

After going to the G3 show in Washington DC on Tuesday, I have a couple of comments to add to those already posted regarding this tour:

With the number of picks that Yngwie throws and kicks out to the audience, the proper question is not who has an Yngwie pick, but who DOESN'T have an Yngwie pick!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I do have one, actually, from a tour of his supporting "Inspiration" a few years back.

Also: I thought Yngwie sucked in the big jam finale. He was just playing very repetitive rapid scales in the solos to "Little Wing" and "Voodoo Child" that didn't fit the songs at all, while Satch and Vai performed those pieces much better. Also, Yngwie did not work at all on rhythm guitar to support the others while they were soloing--he was too busy twirling his guitar around and such. Not a very 'giving' musician, I guess. I thought Yngwie's solo set was VERY enjoyable, however, since he didn't bring along a vocalist and concentrated on his instrumental pieces. But the jam part of the 2001 tour w/Petrucci was much better than this year, in my opinion. They didn't even get Billy Sheehan to come out and play in the jam this time around. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[ November 06, 2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: pro-fusion ]

Re: G3 in Wash. DC 11/4

I read somewhere that there is some bad blood between Billy and Yngwie.
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Re: G3 in Wash. DC 11/4

I have one...Even if there is bad blood he should still come out at the end..Dont get me wrong the bass player that plaid was good..But Sheehan would have took the show. Well, Over the other one [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Ox

Comment

Working...
      X