Dimmu/Nevermore/Children of Bodom 11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimmu/Nevermore/Children of Bodom 11/7

Wow. Having seen Alexi Laiho in the live environment, I can now say without apprehension that he is the most amazing live player I have ever witnessed. Children of Bodom, opening for Nevermore and Dimmu Borgir, just killed the place and Alexi shredded the living hell out of his ESP Signature model. I was in the front row, only a few feet from him as he blazed and ripped through 30 minutes of the best C.O.B. cuts. I actually liked the cutaway near the top of the fingerboard - seems very logical. His and Roopes tone were excellent, and I should note that Roope was playing a VERY cool ESP Star that looked identical to the old San Dimas Charvels. It was wicked black with gold pinstripe around the perimeter of it. I had to pick my jaw off the floor several times during their set - Alexi is the new guitar god!

Nevermore came on and this was the third time in a year I have seen them, but this seemed like the weakest setlist of the three. They played two tracks from Dead Heart (Narcosynthesis, Engines of Hate), and a few from Politics, and three off the new platter, but I don't recall hearing anything from Dreaming Neon Black....strange! Anyway, Loomis was masterful and Warrel looked like a billy goat with that stupid thing on his chin....believe it or not, it is getting as bad as Zakk's chin growth!

Dimmu Borgir blew me away. I have all their releases and I, for one, didn't know if they could pull some of the faster blastbeat stuff off live. I was wrong. They laid waste to everyone in attendance and ripped through over an hours' worth of blackened mayhem. It was amazing to see Galder shred his King V and Silenoz speed riffing away on his black w/ white beveled Rhoads.... they looked so cool together! Nick Barker is not human. He nailed the most difficult of tunes with ease and they sounded awesome! I would recommend seeing this tour when it comes through your town... a must see!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Dimmu/Nevermore/Children of Bodom 11/7

oh I will my friend oh I will [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I see em on the 1st of dec not that far away now seemed like years since I bought the tics though lol //Steve

Comment

this will be the best concert of the year, bar none. my expectations are very high! expect the motherload of pictures when I see them on Dec. 4th.

Comment

What happened to Hypocrisy ?

Comment

Drip: Good luck with the pictures, bro.... the Nazis that ran the place I saw this show at wouldn't allow pictures at all. In fact, they had security guys just watching for flashes, and when this poor bastage next to me snapped one off, one of the baddies came rushing over and confiscated his camera! What a crock of sh!t! I had my digital, and I DID manage get three of me and my wife with the Nevermore dudes hanging at the bar during Dimmu's set. Cool guys for sure. They love to talk about metal!

Alexi, Roope and COB kicked so much ass, it was just unbelievable, but Dimmu crushed totally...

EDIT: Hypocrisy was there too, however I am not a huge fan of their stuff. They sounded decent at what they did though... I DID like Roswell 47 though... (I think that's what it was called).

[ November 10, 2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Brian ]

Comment

I won't have a problem with a flash. And my camera is smaller than the palm of my hand. I've never had a problem with them trying to take my camera away, I just give them my ..."carzy, don't fukk with me" look, and they leave me alone.

Comment

the nevermore setlist sounds similar to the setlist they had when i saw them live. NOTHING from dreaming neon black. what is that $hit?! after playing the seven tongues of god and inside four walls, tunes like beyond within, poison godmachine and seed awakening would have been a must. but noooooo....damn. it would have been better if they would have played seed awakening instead of tomorrow turned into yesterday...nobody wanted to hear that anyway [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

talking about the cutaway of alexis ESP: to me thats the biggest problem with the jackson rhoads. i think its pretty hard to reach the higher frets....too bad that most V's have this problem because i love the V shape. the only V's that have a better fret access are the gibson V's and the bcrich kerry king signature....but both of them look strange ^^
              well, off topic (but who cares? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ): does anybody know a rhoads copy with 24 frets, good access to the higher frets, floyd rose bridge, a bridge humbucker and a neck singlecoil?? i dont think there is a guitar like this (beside custom shop) but never give up hope [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

talking about dimmu: can you name some of the songs they played?

Fragle

Comment

When you say Nevermore played a few tunes off of POE, do you know what they were? I know they've been playing Seven Tongues of God and I heard rumours they were going to play Lost on this tour, but only Seven Tongues has appeared in all the setlists I've seen, making it the only 6-string tune they've played on the whole tour, unless the setlist I found was incomplete! (Which I hope it was...Warrel said they were playing In Memory and The Learning on this tour and so far they haven't even touched those songs with a 40 foot pole)

Comment

Me and my family just got out tickets for the show at Pops that is borderline in Illinois and near St. Louis. My mom doesn't really like the death metal stuff but she loves Nevermore, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, and stuff like that. Me and my step dad listen to the same stuff so it shall be good times. I actually live in Indiana, so that is nice my parents are willing to drive that far to see this show. I think we are staying the night somewhere around there and then coming back the next day.

Comment

Me and my friend Shaun would kill to see that tour. Sadly the closest show to us is like a 10 hour drive.

Comment

so drive 10 hours. Willman_51 is driving 12 hours to Denver to see it.

Comment

Well the closest one is an 18+ only show and neither me and my friend are 18, and the chances of me not dieing in Vancouver are pretty slim. Anyone know if it is going to Montana?

Comment

it is not going to montana. Are you in Alberta? Maybe my posse will have to come up and party with you this summer. I live in Montana during teh summer. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, I'm in Alberta. In a tourist town in fact. Sylvan Lake, ever heard of it? It's by Red Deer.

Comment

You're my hero! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Send me some pics when you get 'em then, seeing how I couldn't take any! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X