• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat!!!! Rudder!!!!!
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
      I just don't get it. Why are two very mediocre guitarists, one of which simply cannot sing, in a less than mediocre band, on every fuckin' guitar magazine nowadays?
      uhhh, because the majority of players cant play nowadays. theyre actually not mediocre, theyre pretty good. but comparing them to pretty much any of the 80 shredders is ridiculous.

The problem stems from the late 90s- the bar was set so low, that guys like trivium, who can kinda play, are looked at like "guitar gods" now.

And, for the record, the band really sucks.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

They offer nothing new to people already into metal and are just wasted space on guitar mags where Loomis and co should be! I dont mind going to see bands with awesome songs and no technical prowess, but when the music is lame and theres no technicality to the guitar playing....I'd rather just put on a pantera cd and here how it SHOULD be done! Theres a local band here in the same mentality and I just hate the whole thing. I just turned 25 and I'm already old and bitter, this disposable music fads sickens me. Almost as much as putting emg's in a dimebag model guitar.

Comment

Likewise, let's start a cult against Trivium. Let's name it "Earth".

Edited about 3 secs after post... Just realized, it already exists
          DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

I'm kinda split down the middle with Trivium. I liked some of Ascendency but the new stuff is not great. Like them or not though both those guys can play. They are both ridiculous guitar players and are pulling off some crazy licks in their solos. Sweeps,legato and really fast runs. You can hate the music but you can't slag their playing all that much when they are playing stuff like that.

Comment

I can't really say anything about their guitar playing. I've never been able to get through an entire song. The singing ruines it for me. I don't mind singing and I don't mind cookie monster, but when they mix both in the song it just kills it for me. It's like there is template out there and some of these bands follow the template. Killswitch Engage and Slipknot are others like this that I can think of.

I wish I could like the stuff cuz it would open up many more bands for me to get into but I just can't get past it. I've even checked out a few live and not even that pursuaded me. Anyone else bothered by this template?

Comment

Metal by numbers
                BRIAN POSEHN - "Metal By Numbers" Official Music Video from the album 'Live: In Nerd Rage'SUBSCRIBE to RELAPSE: http://bit.ly/RelapseYouTubeOrder at Relapse:...
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
                  :ROTF:
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Trivium suck the suck out of suck. It's pretty much a given that if you notice a band is getting a ton of marketing, 99 times out of 100, they are gonna suck major balls. You gotta go underground to find the REAL metal these days.

Comment

Trivium sound like emo children raped by Metallica and a record company executive.
                      If a fat girl falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it, do the trees still laugh??

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                        I can't really say anything about their guitar playing. I've never been able to get through an entire song. The singing ruines it for me. I don't mind singing and I don't mind cookie monster, but when they mix both in the song it just kills it for me. It's like there is template out there and some of these bands follow the template. Killswitch Engage and Slipknot are others like this that I can think of.

I wish I could like the stuff cuz it would open up many more bands for me to get into but I just can't get past it. I've even checked out a few live and not even that pursuaded me. Anyone else bothered by this template?
                        Exactly how I feel as well. I checked out Killswitch Engage live a few months back. They were a tight live band and one of the guitarists was actually a monster player. He was fucking around with some shred before the rest of the band came on. But for me, heavy verses and melodic choruses dont mix unless your band is called Gamma Ray

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                          They offer nothing new to people already into metal and are just wasted space on guitar mags where Loomis and co should be! I dont mind going to see bands with awesome songs and no technical prowess, but when the music is lame and theres no technicality to the guitar playing....I'd rather just put on a pantera cd and here how it SHOULD be done! Theres a local band here in the same mentality and I just hate the whole thing. I just turned 25 and I'm already old and bitter, this disposable music fads sickens me. Almost as much as putting emg's in a dimebag model guitar.
                          +1
                          my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Personally my first experience with Trivium was the vid of both guitar players playing the solos from the song into the fire. I thought it was pretty cool.
                            Then i heard a trivium album... and it really sucked.
                            I am just staying with my old stuff

Flo
                            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                              I like your attitude Special-K Actually more people should have that attitude.
                              Thank you...
                              I just stand behind my music and the music I like...
                              If maybe someday I don`t know...
                              Some pop song will sound good and will
                              be good in lyrics and everything I will like it
                              and I will stand behind it...

:"Hey, you are so not true!...bla bla lba":ROTF:

Did I ever said I was "true"?...

People today have some dull blockades...
                              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by seafoamer View Post
                                Marketing
                                +1.
                                No friggin interest at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X