Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMPEROR and ZYKLON

question...Emperor fans help!

what kind of guitars did or do Samoth and Ihsahn use?

i know for sure that Samoth uses Jackson. it seems as if he uses a Rhoads. can anyone confirm this. if not? what does he use?

what about Ihsahn? in the Imperial Live Ceremony video my friend said he used a Jackson but my friend is far from an expert on guitars so i cant take his word for it...anyone know for sure?

[ November 19, 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: KE2KV2Rules ]

Re: EMPEROR and ZYKLON

Hey - I'm a big Emperor fan.

Earlier stuff, well, a bunch of import BC Richs for the most part. You can see a few of them in the "Reverence" video. That's for Welkin at least. I think Samoth used a Kramer something or other on Nightside and around that time, but that's not gospel.

Around the time of Equilibrium (and Live Ceremony), Ihsahn was using an older DK1 with the HSS configuration, and Samoth a standard black RR1.

For Prometheus, Ihsahn used a Universe with a replaced black pickguard, and Samoth his same RR1.

As far as I know, Samoth is still using his RR1 with Zyklon and has (had) the Zyklon "Cyclone" on the top wing. He also has another RR1 in standard black with no cyclone. Anyone's guess as to what Ihsahn is using in Peccatum these days.

There ya go [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Emperial thanks argos!!

Comment

hey Argos you got the new Zyklon album AEON?

btw, you have any IM or anything? im always looking for a new BM fan to talk to.

Comment

I don't have a copy of Aeon myself yet, but I've heard the whole thing and it rocks. Still not sure if I like it better than World ov Worms though.

Yeah, my email and MSN Messenger is [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Argos:
            Hey - I'm a big Emperor fan.

Earlier stuff, well, a bunch of import BC Richs for the most part. You can see a few of them in the "Reverence" video. That's for Welkin at least. I think Samoth used a Kramer something or other on Nightside and around that time, but that's not gospel.

Around the time of Equilibrium (and Live Ceremony), Ihsahn was using an older DK1 with the HSS configuration, and Samoth a standard black RR1.

For Prometheus, Ihsahn used a Universe with a replaced black pickguard, and Samoth his same RR1.

As far as I know, Samoth is still using his RR1 with Zyklon and has (had) the Zyklon "Cyclone" on the top wing. He also has another RR1 in standard black with no cyclone. Anyone's guess as to what Ihsahn is using in Peccatum these days.

There ya go [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Anything to confirm that except for the Live, reverence and empty videos? Yeah, I've seen them there, but I'm just wondering where you got any additional info from...? And I allways thought Samoth's RR was a bol on? Or at least oiled neck or something? Allthough you are probably right.
            I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Emperor rocked [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !

I haven't had the chance to check out any of the new stuff from Ihsahn or Samoth. Hopefully it's all pretty good stuff. I'm listening to more black metal right now since we're getting into the winter season. I love winter [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] .

Comment

KE - I've spoken with Samoth about it.

Comment

Argos, I figured that was the case!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Argos:
                    KE - I've spoken with Samoth about it.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Working...
                    X