• Show
Clear All

• EDDIE VAN HALEN SPEAKS...

...but DOESN'T SAY MUCH...

...CLICK THIS LINK...

http://home.comcast.net/~sdryer1/vanhalen_interview.mp3

...to LISTEN...

Re: EDDIE VAN HALEN SPEAKS...

Wow! I didn't realize Hagar was THAT short! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

the topic shold read Eddie Van Halen Doesn't Speak [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

cool. can't wait to hear the new stuff in the next .... when did he say it is coming out? oh yeah... neveruary. oh well. hard at work and healthy is what i got out of it...

Comment

He may suprise ya...as long as his heart beats and his hands and mind work..he may just suprise ya..he certainly did 25 years ago as a skinny dude with a huge sound, and 'how the hell did he do that' technique.

You know how VH had a horde of material in the can for the first 3-4 albums before they hit it big..they might be ready for another big sprint.

Whether there's success in that is yet to be seen. Every successful person has a flop now and then or setbacks. When you have all the money you could need to sustain your life and other diverse business interests.. you do a career resurrection when the time is right.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=17;t=002493
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

when did he say it is coming out? oh yeah... neveruary. [/QB]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMFAO!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

as much as I don't care for the guy I'm willing to bet he still has some fire left....too bad the VH bro's can't put their over blown ego's aside and leth another over blown ego back in the band..DLR [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] That's real Van Halen
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

EVH just did some recording not too long ago for Steve Lukather's Christmas album. I read about it in GW a couple issues back, and Steve said EVH has still got it and just blows him away every time. I also posted about it somewhere on here, maybe the Non J/C section.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's gonna suck ...don't get your hopes up ...please !!

I'm sure not!!!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think it is gonna suck too. He is a great player and an ass at the exact same time. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, if he does fall on his arse, ..again..it'll tarnish his name for his kid too. I don't know to many fathers who want to fall on thier ass and have the kid suffer the consequences. "aahh, that Eddie man, he sux"

However, if you're saying Ed is capable of doing something dumb w/o realizing it, then I think we're all subject to that at some point in time. I hope he does pick a good producer or someone to bounce his ideas off of before he does release something....just as an objective view. I can see that playing out.. "Hey Ed,.. you know, that really doesn't cut it".... "ahh, you're fired man"

Comment

Exactly. That is why I think it is gonna suck. His playing is always strong but his writing lately stinks. I blame it on his attitude. I bet he goes thru producers and engineers faster than he goes thru strings. He also mentions that he is only doing it for him and he could care less about the loyal fans. I guess he won't care if any of us buy it either. I for one won't be. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm about the same with any guitarist.. I buy the first few, then I lose interest..altho, I must say VH made it thru to Diver Down, after Roth left, I didn't buy into VH anymore. You just weren't hip if you didn't have VH in your car or playing his stuff as a rocker. Plus he was always coming up with new cool stuff like 'Cathedral'. They were so huge back then that it was rare to go anywhere without hearing VH on the radio multiple times a day.

That has to be a tough pedestal to climb back up on, like a mountain. It's like a model that loses her beauty appeal of youth, now you have to have all the cosmetic makeovers to get attention.

If he isn't doing for anyone else but him (which I do not wholly believe) he probably has realized he may never achieve the same level of popularity or success. Still, it is kinda dissing loyal fans by saying so. Maybe he means that he has to stay in music just for him like many of us do because it's a part of ourselves...regardless of what people think, he has to do it for himself and he's just saying it poorly. I don't know, Obviously, he jeapordized huge amounts of success just because he couldn't get along with his frontmen that helped bring him to that point. Changing singers actually works for guys like Yngwie, but people do want to keep buying into a certain sound associated with he name. You blow off a singer you've had for 5-10 years.. that is going to effect business.

Now that we've all had time to make that a fading memory..well, we'll have to see and then judge.
                            It'll be download-o-rama before I buy anything.

Comment

Working...
                            X