fear factorys seven strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fear factorys seven strings

heres some more pics I found , not that I am a big fear factory fan but I found this link on blabbermouth.net http://www.fearfactory.com/html/photos-stud.htm //Steve

Re: fear factorys seven strings

Those Jackson 7s are pretty nice. I tried that stuffing some some foam under my strings at the headstock to stop any reverberation from them. Works great, I've found it much more practical to wrap a piece of black tape around the strings.

Comment

Well, as the number of Jackson 7 string users continues to increase, could this mean we're drawing ever closer to Jackson actually making a USA 7 string production model?

Nah, who am I kidding. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
        Well, as the number of Jackson 7 string users continues to increase, could this mean we're drawing ever closer to Jackson actually making a USA 7 string production model?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It could be so great if they could release a 7 string USA [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] . The end of the worldwide domination of the overpriced universe!
        What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

this is probably a dumb question, and may have been answered before, but what exactly does muting the strings between the nut and the tuners do for you? Does it actually make a noticable difference?

Comment

Sly -

I've long since quit holding my breath over it. The sad thing is, they could make a limited run of 7 string Soloists pretty easily, and sell ALL of them in short order, IMO. (If they made 50, like the mahogany SL-2H, for example.) Even at $2000, they'd be a steal.

</p*ssing into the wind>

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by yabba:
              this is probably a dumb question, and may have been answered before, but what exactly does muting the strings between the nut and the tuners do for you? Does it actually make a noticable difference?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The strings behind the nut can resonate if the same note as that string is produced anywhere else on the guitar. This can especially happen on a guitar with a long reverse pointy headstock, like mine or Christians there. This is only really a problem when playing fast stacato stuff with a lot of distortion and/or compression.

Comment

Working...
              X