Jackson Sighting last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Sighting last night

Was watching VH1 last night and Kid Rock was doing a cover of Bad Company's "feel like makin' love", (wich sucked by the way) during this award show that they had on last night. The guitar player stage right was playing a maroon non tremelo Jackson Rhoads.

It felt pretty cool to see a main stream act playing a Jackson even though I hate kid rock...

Re: Jackson Sighting last night

It'll at least help Jackson get more people's attention, I guess.

I'm not a big Kid Rock fan myself, in fact I hate him with a passion. So does a lot of other people. I know a whole two people who are actual fans of Kid Rock, and neither of them are people I'd choose to regularly hang out with. Not that that means anything, there's gotta someone cool out there that likes Kid Rock...... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I doubt this will help jackson a lot...
      they'd better go with people like laiho for example. sure kid rock is well known, but you know anybody who started to play guitar and bought a guitar because of kid rock?
      he isn't really that amazing... go over to the CoB board and watch the discussions there....

everyone is talking about the good ol rhoads days, and know he changed to ESP everyone was shouting how ugly the new thing is, but after a couple of weeks everyones starting "oh, it's not THAT bad" "ESP does great guitars too", those kids are fanatic!! easy to influence.
      I bet most kid rock fans don't even know how a guitar looks like, not even talking about starting to play one out of passion to the music...

the cashbringing, sales-important fans are to be found somewhere else if you ask me.
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by micha:
        I doubt this will help jackson a lot...
        they'd better go with people like laiho for example. sure kid rock is well known, but you know anybody who started to play guitar and bought a guitar because of kid rock?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How many people here picked up guitar because of KISS? Shouldn't they have been learning guitar because of Allan Holdsworth instead?

When you were a kid, looking up to your favourite rock star, were you a fan because of their technical facility on the instrument, or by how cool they looked and how their music made you feel?

As a marketing decision, it's much smarter to get your guitar into the hands of the more popular artist, ahead of someone who is relatively unknown but who is light-years ahead musically. Kids who know nothing about the instrument are going to be swayed more by how cool their heroes looking with a "Brand X" guitar strapped on.

I mean, Lenny Kravitz is an icon; not because of how great a guitarist he is, but because he looks like a Rock God. And that's a powerful marketing tool. Now, you and I may not be impressed by him, but a very large portion of the listening public sure are, and some of those youngsters are going to pick up their first guitar because they want to be just like Lenny.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

From last month:

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=1;t=001689

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

kre-witz at least has a name!!
            the guitarist from kid rock is just the guitarist from kid rock!!

you know what I mean?

still I was not about to get an ibanez coz petrucci plays one, but I feel like these are great guitars. vai is ibanez too. those guys got the cash to get whatever they want, and they are advanced enough to know what they like, so maybe if I like their playing, this is something for me too.

I doubt anyone would think so about a guy who is called "the guitarist of whoever"...

and btw; I don't want to insult anyone, but I think kiss best trick was to get their faces painted.
            it's the same like slipknot today (just sounded better).
            it was kinda cool to listen to those guys coz the T-shirts looked evil.

kiss didn't have any success without their coulered faces...

aaaand; kid rock is frickin rap music!!!
            those folks wouldn't recognize a guitar if you smashed it on their head possibly.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

needa calm down... kid rock always sets me up... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Searched for Kid Rock and nothing came up [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by RacerX:
              From last month:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

I'm sure your average casual listener has no more idea of the names of the guitarists in COB than you do of the guitarist in Kid Rock's band. But as a fan of COB, you obviously know plenty about Alexi and what an amazing guitarist he is. I'm sure Kid Rock's fans know the names of all his band members, just like when I was a kid and I knew the names of all the guys in Iron Maiden. None of my friends knew who I was talking about, but I knew all about them.

And because of his much higher profile (playing at the MTV Awards, regular video rotation, etc) and much greater album sales, getting Jacksons into hands of Kid Rock's band makes much more business sense than endorsing an otherwise marginally popular European metal band, no matter the relative musical abilities of each artist.

You may have never made a decision about a guitar because of some famous guitarist playing one. I know I've never bought a guitar just because one of my heroes played it. I couldn't even think of any Jackson guitarists off the top of my head the day I bought my first. But plenty of people do think just like that. They know the guy in Kravitz's band (I don't know his name, but I bet Lenny's fans do) plays a shiny red Gibson hollowbody and want a guitar just like it when they start playing. Everyone wanted a black Fender with white pickguard, just like Clapton's Blackie. Or a red Gibson SG, just like Angus. How many queries do you see in this very forum asking for more info on Marty's sig model Kelly, or Mustaine's King Vees?

If the fans didn't think just like this, ESP, Ibanez, Schecter, et al (and even Jackson) wouldn't spend so much money endorsing artists and advertising in the guitar magazines that so-and-so plays their brand.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

This ought to make everyone feel good........... was flipping channels the other night and came across a Justin Timberlake primetime special on network TV. What made me stop was sighting his guitar player playing some new Jackson spearhead headstock guitar. Oh boy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by labelscott:
                    Searched for Kid Rock and nothing came up [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                    From last month:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny, that's exactly how I found it! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

awesome! 2 more days! AHHHHHHHHHH [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

wrong thread. 2 windows open to teh same site is a bad idea.

Comment

I think a band that is named "kid rock" is mostly about, well...
                          but you might be right. maybe there are freaks who know these people...

and maybe it's just that I don't wnat those hip-hoppers to learn how to play guitar... we're in danger they'll do some more stuff like this then... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
                            This ought to make everyone feel good........... was flipping channels the other night and came across a Justin Timberlake primetime special on network TV. What made me stop was sighting his guitar player playing some new Jackson spearhead headstock guitar. Oh boy!!!!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Justin Timberlake is fantastic! I'm not kidding, that album is immense and I don't give a flying monkey what anyone else says. And I'm sure I saw a performance of his for MTV where the guitarist was fielding one of the more recent Charvels.

p.s. my favourite band is Godflesh, how nutz is it that I like JT?

Comment

yes I am! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

but old enough to know that success is something relative.

and I'm not about to diz kiss. I just wanna say that the image they uilt up is close to genius.
                              they made metalheads bang to disco-music, come on! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X