Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what band is this?

hey buddies,

a friend of mine have an old beaten video tape of a live show in the eighties which featured iron maiden and some other acts...I really want to know the name of one group (their name was omitted) who play a song called "courvoisier concerto"...I don't know if it's really a song or just a noodle...but it has an amazing solo.

To me it looks like it's one of the Schenker's, but I have been unable to link their name to the name of the song...

I've found an Iron Maiden video on the net which looks like it is the same show, although I can't be certain as Maiden has been known to wear the same stage clothes for 3-4 years before changing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, that show is from Dortmund, Germany in 1983/12/18....

Do any of you recognize this?? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

regards,

Rune. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: what band is this?

Michael Schenker Group. http://www.soci.niu.edu/~huguelet/MS...t.budokan.html
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Took 10 minutes for an answer; how about THAT, Rune? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I also found the answer quickly by Googling it.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's a piece he sometimes does live as a lead in for Lost Horizons. It originally appeared on his live album "One Night At Budokon". Awesome solo that made me go out and buy a guitar the 1st time I heard it.

Chuck
          "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Schenker was a big eye-opener for me too!
            I was already playing guitar when I first
            heard UFO's "Let It Roll" and the whole album, Force It. The songs were cool though simple in structure, but the leads
            were just beautiful and phenomenal! Then
            I found The Scorpions with Uli and really
            was blown away! Since then I've always loved Teutonic metal!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

hehe, thanks a lot fellas! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              my hunch was right then, I just couldn't get some proper hits on google I suppose!

cheers,

Rune.

Comment

Working...
              X