Jeff Hanneman Soloist question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Hanneman Soloist question

Did Jeff have two Soloists or did he just have a real Floyd nut put on at one time? This pic shows it with the Floyd nut, but there's a couple good pics of it in the new Slayer box set (Soundtrack To The Apocalypse) that shows it with the Kahler behind-the-nut lock. There's also a couple pics of it with the Floyd nut. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ December 07, 2003, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Jeff Hanneman Soloist question

Well Slayer is my favorite band and Jeff is my favorite guitarist and Jeff and Kerry said they both hate Floyds, too hard to deal with or something, but you notice at least Jeff even knows which Locking Net to use. I like the Kahler Pro myself, but hated the Kahler locking nuts, so if your going to use the Kahler Pro, get the Floyd Nut, great combo. I like the Pro and Floyds equally [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I haven't played a Kahler trem in years, but I didn't really care for it. I've always been a Floyd trem guy, but the JT6/Kahler-type nut was fine with the JT6 licensed Floyd on my Model 6 and Model 5A, though I do prefer the Floyd nut. That still leaves me wondering if Jeff had two Soloists, but now I kind of think he only had one, since I believe they were stickers he put on... unless Jackson made him a copy with the same graphic.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have factory variations that are Floyd Rose with genuine Kahler nut (not JT6), and Kahler Pro with genuine Floyd nut. Both work fine, but I do prefer the Floyd nut myself.

Comment

I've seen pics of the behind-the-nut string lock but it was on the guitar pictured here. My guess is he had the locking nut replaced. If you'll notice, there appears to be a blank area between the truss rod cover and the existing nut, indicating there was a locking nut there before.

Comment

Working...
          X