X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with an audioslave song

hi there!!
    following problem;
    I tried to figure out the audioslave song "like a stone", but I somehow won't get the solo.
    I know it's some delay effects and some sliding and whammy bar stuff going on there, but how does this guy get these damn high notes?
    can you fret these with bending on a 24 fret guitar?
    or is it some kind of octaver he uses there?
    I simply won't get this high on my PS-3T...
    someone knows how it works?

thank you and best regards///micha
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Re: need help with an audioslave song

Whammy pedal - Digitech, etc.

Comment

Vito's right...a big part of Tom Morello's sound is the original Digitech Whammy pedal, that's how he gets the gliss slide effects in that solo.

Comment

i have the tab from a music book. i can post it if you want it.

all i remember from it was that the tunign for that song was a whole step up or something.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
          all i remember from it was that the tunign for that song was a whole step up or something.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">aaaaaahhhh....
          that's it!!! I simply wasn't able to reach those high notes, but the tuning could be the reason there. and now the chords seem more reasonable too...
          thanks a lot!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

@ vito and willie; a whammy pedal doesn't change your pitch, does it? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

my bad its one and a half steps.

G C F Bb D G

Comment

Yeah, it's a pitch shifter/harmonizer pedal. It's got a rocker pedal on it like a wah that you can use to change the pitch (the toe and heel values are set to a certain interval). It's a cool piece of equipment, and I think Morello is the master of using it.

Comment

wow! and I already thought you didn't read probably, sorry for that...

well, seems like I got another need-to-have-item on my list, at least that sounds like an interessting toy... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

do you know
                it's christ mas time....
                lalala... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you decide to get one, try to get the original red ones, or the newer reissues. There's a black one out there and another red one called the Whammy/Wah, they're not as good.

Comment

yeah, I already had a look for these. I got excited about them, coz I didn't know there was anything like this at all and it sounds so interessting to me...

the only thing available here is the wh4. the newest one, with midi (what I really dig actually).

and I already found a deal on the US ebay. 189bucks I think for new with warrenty and a free digitech X series of choice.
                    sounds good to me, but I don't know the US prices that well...

what would be a good price on these?

I see'em go for about 280 euro over here in germany, and 189$ are aboput 155 euros, so you can see the difference pretty clear... and the 280 is WITHOUT that free extra pedal....
                    what do you think of it?
                    it's a powerseller with great response...

thx///micha

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                      If you decide to get one, try to get the original red ones, or the newer reissues. There's a black one out there and another red one called the Whammy/Wah, they're not as good.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Box, I believe Tom Morello actually uses the black Whammy II pedal. I swear I've read an interview where he talks about that.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by micha:
                        yeah, I already had a look for these. I got excited about them, coz I didn't know there was anything like this at all and it sounds so interessting to me...

the only thing available here is the wh4. the newest one, with midi (what I really dig actually).

and I already found a deal on the US ebay. 189bucks I think for new with warrenty and a free digitech X series of choice.
                        sounds good to me, but I don't know the US prices that well...

what would be a good price on these?

I see'em go for about 280 euro over here in germany, and 189$ are aboput 155 euros, so you can see the difference pretty clear... and the 280 is WITHOUT that free extra pedal....
                        what do you think of it?
                        it's a powerseller with great response...

thx///micha
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">bump

Comment

Like a Stone is in standard tuning, the Whammy Pedal is set two 2 octaves up.

Such a cool song.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

alright... seems like I'll post a thread in ebay-forum to get my points out... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but it IS a cool song for sure!! the whole album rules big time!!

Comment

Yep.

Get the live RATM Album, that kicks even more ass!

'It's comin' back around again!'

Hehehe.

Andy!

Comment

Working...
                              X