Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi Laiho is an asshole

Originally posted by Argos:
    I don't mind meeting them, I like to get the chance to talk to them at bit. If they're dicks, whatever.

Coolest guy I've ever met has to be Erik Rutan. Extremely nice, awesome dude.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Right on man. Erik is a really cool guy and he happen's to be a friend of mine too [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He's coming down from Tampa to jam with Hate Etenal,Check out the Malevolent Creation show and go to the Football game on Monday.Should be a killer weekend.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
      Another nice dude is Allan Tecchio (sp?) of Watchtower ,
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alan
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
        You know Steve that's excatly what I thought man ...I even started to second guess myself...Brian brought up a good point...well the dude is from Finland ...maybe he didn't understand me ...When I'm feelin' good (which I was ) I have a tendancy to talk really fast and get all happy and excited ....what if just heard the words "Jackson" and responded to that ..

Does this guy talk and understang English ...anyone ???!!

I keep forgetting if I had to go there to "play" ...I'd be lost ...like a dumb fuck ...I would just smile and shrug my shoulders ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah he a good dude man and can speak it ok , but did ya try to talk to silnoz from Dimmu lol that guy can barely speak english at all and has a very strong norway axecent [like how my bloody typing is here lol ! ] and he [silnoz]was all freaked out when i went up to him [me and dave] and looked kinda off gard or something , and then to boot the fucking pic didn't turn out ! hey Bill did ya get any pics yet from the show ? I always try to get pics now cause I forget who I've met over the years , like eric rutan I totally forgot about that lol//Steve

Comment

Yeah, I wondered that myself Bill.... I mean, if we went to Finland or Sweden and had to deal with their fans, we would be so screwed! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The language barrier can be a big problem with these dudes. I met Silenoz in Cleveland in June and he was a great guy - real nice and all...but he couldn't speak English to save his ass! haha... just goes to show that the language barrier can point out the idiot in all of us! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] On the other hand, I talked with Michael Denner and Hank Shermann from Mercyful Fate/Force of Evil, and even though they had their typical thick Danish accents, I could understand them, and they me. But there have been times... like when I was yakking with Ville Laihala and Sami Lopakka of Sentenced, and they had a hard time understanding what I was trying to say, even though I took my time speaking. It's sometimes just a tough situation for them... they want to be nice and try to talk with the fans, but their lack of English knowledge limits them.

Comment

Also did work for:

All Time Low, Hades, Non-Fiction, Power, Prophecy, Sacred Steel.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'll probably get killed for asking this, but could someone post that picture of Alexi & Roope's Jackson gear (the one with the asian text)?

Shame on me for not saving it, but im dying to get a better look at his old Rhoads.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Dave:
                I traveled 3 and a half hours to see them in St. Louis. Unfortunately I wasn't not given the chance to meet any of them. The place I saw them was a bar/stage thing and the show was all ages and then after they got over the PA and said anyone over 21 can drink and hang out and then he said everyone under 21 has to leave. So that kind of sucked, but the show was awesome. I got some pics but have yet to scan them in. I about crapped in my pants watching Loomis. Warrel's mic started messing up so they were getting him a new one real quick and Loomis just started to rip it up and Warrel got a good mic and said "Hey Jeff, play eruption!" I thought that was kind of funny and Warrel seemed to have a really funny personallity, but like I said, I wasn't able to hang out. It is also cool to have parents that like the same kind of music. My mum doesn't really care for all the screamin' but she likes Nevermore a lot and my step dad was the one that got me into it all in the first place. My mum was kind of out of place with her tigger jean jacket but when some dudes ran right up behind us and were trying to get infront of us my mum shoved them, made me laugh. One of the guys tryin to get infront of us was insanely freakishly tall and I only came up to his shoulders and I am about 5'6". Awesome show for sure though and again Loomis stole everything for me, he just rules in every way possible. I liked Dimmu's whole stage set up but they were really loud and the keyboards were pretty low in the mix. My ears got kind of shot and it was hard to distinguish what was going on and Galder's solos were pretty low to. I liked CoB's performance as well and Janne's fingers were goin' crazy fast and it was like he didn't even notice and was just standing there drinkin' a beer like he didn't even care. I had fun though.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">next time do what I do , show up early look tough lol and bang on the bus door or window if you can see someone in there [you usally can] thats how I met the haunted , I would say it would work all the time , and don't ever do it to Rob Halfords bus or you might find yourself in a uncomfortable position lol //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
                  I'll probably get killed for asking this, but could someone post that picture of Alexi & Roope's Jackson gear (the one with the asian text)?

Shame on me for not saving it, but im dying to get a better look at his old Rhoads.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">heres one of roopes rr1 my bassist took check em out from the dec 1st show http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...=/dimmu%20show //Steve

Comment

Alexi had no guitars, they were stolen, and his order got cancelled, of course he'd say something like that, he's still pissed off, as i would be, he wasnt dissing any of us either way.
                    cheers

Comment

I am a huge Slayer fan, and i have never met them, and it would totally suck if they turned out to be pricks, especially Jeff Hanneman, he is da man [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Bout Slayer...I usually go to reptile expos in Maryland and 90% of the time Kerry King is there. (Haven't caught him recently though) When he sees you coming towards him, he'll start to walk away, and sometimes he'll talk with ya. But when I met him at the show in NY, he was a cool guy. Ya don't wanna be seen as the guitarist from Slayer 24/7 and just wanna chill like everyone else once in awhile

Comment

I never met Slayer but everyone I know who had ...say they are a fuckin' blast to hang with ...and yes Warrel Dayne is fucking Hilarious as is Van Williams!!!

NEVERMORE WILL BE ON THE HEADBANGER'S BALL TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WATCH IT ON MTV2 TONIGHT AT 10PM!!!!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill is that EST? I will DEF check that out! When did they start airing headbangers ball again?

Nevermore is awesome!

And those pics...I will NEVER be cool enough to wear those spiked pants (lmfao) I don't care how cool you are, those pants are fucking STUPID!

Comment

Dimmu Borgir is also going to be on the same Headbanger's Ball tonight! Normally they show 10 gay vids for every good one. They have played some good stuff on there from Evergrey to Decapitated. But be prepared to sit through some crappy videos because they have to show those to. I am just happy good bands are finally getting some exposure!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PaddoK:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">heres one of roopes rr1 my bassist took check em out from the dec 1st show http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...=/dimmu%20show //Steve </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks steve, but im actually looking for a very specific image set. The ones that were floating arround the JCF a few months ago. They seemed to be scanned from a Japanese Magazine and had a full page spread on Alexi and Roope's guitars before Alexi's were stolen.

Comment

Working...
                                X