Alexi Laiho is an asshole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi Laiho is an asshole

That sucks Horns.. that is exactly why I don't really get into the "players" in a band or their personalities. I could give 2 shits. I listen to the music if I like it and I admire the playing and writing if it is good. I couldn't care less what type of personality a player has off stage. I was a prick when I toured too. Unless you were a chick who was ready to drop to your knees, I was not interested in having a conversation about the tour or my playing. I would sometimes entertain a short discussion about my equipment with a dude but thats about it. I would literally turn into a prick as soon as I got back stage. I am as humble as pie now but I understand your experience. He probably isn't really a prick in person. When night after night you have people who know you but you don't know them come up to you wanting to engage in a conversation it gets really old really fast. I admire the pro's who always have time for the fans. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them.

Comment

Yeah ...man it's a real bummer. I truly envied his work and shit. I turned so many people onto COB and Sinergy in the last ....shit six years or so .. It almost makes me wish I didn't see the show ..then I can still admire his work without be biased.

Jon Oliva did the same damn thing to John (CM) and me some years ago...Man I always loved Jon Oliva's voice The Old 'Tage is the best man ...but he such a fat piece of shit of a guy....but Caffery BTW was exceptionaly cool....but Al Pitrelli was a dick too.. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Attitudes can ruin it for me ...Alexi really came off like a phony and pretencios , snobby , whiny little ***** ....I gave him "my" look before I left ...he knew I was not impressed.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

So Now I won't take part of any more Alexi worship here ever again on this board..there is wayyyyyyy better guitarist out there with wayyyyyyy less ego ....fuck him.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I still like him [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But, to each their own. Cheers, Bill.

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Once again, JG nailed it on the head. The shit DOES get old after a while. I did the same thing and pretty much stopped talking to everyone after a show. It gets to the point where you can only give so much and you really do have to start taking back.
          My expirences were at a smaller level than JGs or COB or whoever, but I can relate. We all hope it dosen't get that way, but anyone who has done thousands of shows gets jaded if you're not an absolute angel.

I'm the same way in that I really don't want to meet most of these guys. Just because I like the band or the playing is no guarentee I'll like the people.

Comment

That would be hilarious if Bill met all the heroes on his list and they ALL turned out to be pricks! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Then we'd read all his bitchy posts after each meeting! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Then I'd wonder if it was Bill's problem all along! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

J/K BillZBubba! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:

Jon Oliva did the same damn thing to John (CM) and me some years ago...Man I always loved Jon Oliva's voice The Old 'Tage is the best man ...but he such a fat piece of shit of a guy....but Caffery BTW was exceptionaly cool....but Al Pitrelli was a dick too.. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know I've met both Al and Chris many times being from NY and a rabid Savatage fan. I'v ehad a graet experience with both of them, Al even gave me a hug once after a gig when he recognized me from a previous show.

Jon I've never had much contact with. People have a few stories about Al but he's always been cool to me (maybe it's the Queens accent).
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I don't mind meeting them, I like to get the chance to talk to them at bit. If they're dicks, whatever.

Coolest guy I've ever met has to be Erik Rutan. Extremely nice, awesome dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos:
                  I don't mind meeting them, I like to get the chance to talk to them at bit. If they're dicks, whatever.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And maybe high out of his mind a tthe time.

Ok, I should never make fun of people's drug problems.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

As much as the rest of you guys hate him, this is one of the things that I really dig about dudes like Andrew WK. He takes every minute he can to talk to his fans and treat them good, and I really respect that in a band.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                      Well ...I've been a fan of COB for a very long time ...since the beginning .

But after meeting him last night ...I immediately discovered that he is a egotistcal little fuckin' troll..I was really close to tell him to go fuck himself ....but I think I didn't have to put it in words ...My expression must of displayed my obvious discontent with him ...I blew him off very blatantly ..here's why

I introduced myself and explain that he is held in very high regard by many of his fans on this forum ...As soon a I said the word "Jackson" he got all bent and got his panties in a bunch and started to whine that Jackson didn't make a new guitar for him and ESP did ..."and they smoke any Jackson on the planet"....

I attempted to explain that the forum is made up as players and fans and not the Jackson Co...itself ...he didn't care ...not whatsoever ...So I said to him ..."OK dude whatever ..I'll make sure to tell everyone that""...he said he didn't care ..so now I'm conveying this message onto you guys..

Yeah he's pretty good player but a little whining sisy little asshole ...better put some more eyeliner and nail polish on there Alexi ...maybe revlon will endorse ..you

So if Alexi reads this I have one message for you dude ...Go fuck yourself ...you little troll!!!

I don't blame Jackson at this point not to give that little fag a damn thing!!!

JKackson should scout and approach Loomis if anyone ...because he is worshipped by so many and he appreciates a good thing when he has it and not take things for granted because ..."hey I'm Jeff Loomis and I need a guitar so you better make me one"....Jeff is a down to earth very humble , nice dude ...he thinks he's only OK on the guitar ...He's OK ??...yeah right!!!

and BTW Loomis gave Alexi a guitar lesson of a lifetime last night... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OH and Alexi's and Latava's tone last night sounded like total mushy , dirty ass with their piece of shit rectos..

Jeff told me their tone is so bad ...he could use their amps for the rest of the tour and just used his Line 6 crap ...which I'm not a fan of ...but they smoked the rectos last night ...that's for sure ....no doubt in my mind!!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it's just the way he [loomis] plays man he could play through a pig nose and make it sound good ! to bad about alexi though cause he was great to us and he was sick at that time as well but I never dared asked him about the Jackson thing though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] pete from hypocrisy was a real cool guy as well , did ya talk to him at all Bill ? //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Argos:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah erik is a cool guy as well forsure ! //Steve

Comment

Hey I still like his stuff too ...that COB stuff is embedded in my brain and inspires me for a while ....and still will I'm sure ....but I was diappointed to see and know that one of my favorite new guitarist is a dick.

I mean some guitarist are supposed to be a dick ...Blackmoore , Yngwie ...but that's OK!!

Even though I heard thru John that Yngwie was very cool....I never met him yet.

BTW Alexi's tone on the album is pretty damm good ...but it was shitty live....real thin and very fuzzy but his playing was in fine form....anyone see the show and agree with that ???

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, his lead tone was pretty weak. Not really "his" tone, but more his equipment tome if you know what I mean. I think he had most of the solo's ran through some sort of effect that made them sound a bit off, but technicaly he was right on most of the time.

Comment

I never liked Alexi,neither his songs.I thought he was an asshole from the first time I've seen a pic of him with his shitty poser face!Next time you see him tell the poser his new guitar is just a COPY of his Jackson!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

When he came out I thought it was a Jackson for a minute ...his white / pin-stiped one is pretty decieving from a little distance....that was the first time I seen one in persin ...I never saw a picture of one yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X