Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi Laiho is an asshole

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by horns666:

Jon Oliva did the same damn thing to John (CM) and me some years ago...Man I always loved Jon Oliva's voice The Old 'Tage is the best man ...but he such a fat piece of shit of a guy....but Caffery BTW was exceptionaly cool....but Al Pitrelli was a dick too.. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know I've met both Al and Chris many times being from NY and a rabid Savatage fan. I'v ehad a graet experience with both of them, Al even gave me a hug once after a gig when he recognized me from a previous show.

Jon I've never had much contact with. People have a few stories about Al but he's always been cool to me (maybe it's the Queens accent).
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I saw Savatage in 1990 at a small club here in NJ with Scatterbrain. I standing right in front of Jon at one time, he put his foot on the monitor, I pulled at his shoelace and undid it. A little while later he saw his shoelace undone and just kind of shook his head and laughed! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think I was a little drunk at the time, too. It seemed funny as hell at the time. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

TJ -

Jon? Drunk? In 1990? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

You're kidding, right? I don't believe it...

</sarcasm>

A good Jon story - before the first "Gutter Ballet" tour show at the Bayou, he was hanging out asking people what they wanted to hear. He remembered me from my 21st birthday on the "Mountain King" tour (How, I'll never know - everybody but Criss was so hammered at the hotel that we didn't know what city we were in, including Jon), and asked what I wanted to hear.

"Unusual"

"Damn you, Caffery doesn't know that one. Anything else?"

"City Beneath..."

"Aw, you know we're going to do that."

"Hounds"

"It's on the list." Big smile...

Anyway, so we shoot the sh*t for a while, they go play, we have fun, la la la.

Three months later, they come back. I get there late, stand up front, and Jon waves his vodka bottle at me right before they go on.

Song one:
      "24 Hours Ago"
      Song two:
      "Unusual"
      Big smile from me. I bought Caffery a drink. (Of course, that's like throwing a rock into a bottomless pit, but...)

They've done this stuff through their whole careers. They played some stuff that the fans asked for at the Jaxx "Wake of Magellan" shows, too - although they don't know *all* of the songs, like they used to.

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
        I saw Savatage in 1990 at a small club here in NJ with Scatterbrain. I standing right in front of Jon at one time, he put his foot on the monitor, I pulled at his shoelace and undid it. A little while later he saw his shoelace undone and just kind of shook his head and laughed! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think I was a little drunk at the time, too. It seemed funny as hell at the time. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're a wild man, Joe Tamborra! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

great story, Mike. I love hearing shit like that about bands interacting with the fans.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

LOL I don't know if Jon was drunk, but I was a little... and I was only 17. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cool story, Mike! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X